Arrow Spine

GrantC77

Changing up to the Easton FMJ, Im at 27.5 inch draw at 70# and thinking about dropping to 60. should i be using the 340 spine or the 400. The 400 seems to be the best of both worlds for KE and a little more speed. gonna be using a Ramcat Broadhead.:fine:

Hunter922

I have bounced between the two for years. 400'S will give just a little more pep.. 340'S a little more punch.. Just remember heavier will tune easiest.

fountain

400 would likely be a better spine choice. You could put in heavier inserts in the 340 and weaken them.

Cole Henry

400 would likely be a better spine choice. You could put in heavier inserts in the 340 and weaken them.

I agree with this. I recently did the same as you and have the same draw length. I added weight to the front of the 400's and they grouped horrible. Went to just 100 grain heads and they drive tacks. If you want a heavier finished arrow go with the 340's. Both should shoot good.

Ihunt

A stiffer spine will not usually cause you issues. A weaker one will though.

A couple of years ago I shot 300 spine arrows out of a 51lb bow. I was using 1.5" Anarchy heads and they flew fine.