Every once in awhile ....

flatsmaster

Opening day in Central Florida and as 8 previous opening days my son and his good friend from high school are enjoying birds telling them that it's breaking day .... a few soft yelps and he gets cut off ... birds fly down and come spitting and strutting .... his buddy gets both his birds and my son gets the other ... it went like you always hope it will and never does .... it was from roost to Reddot ... really great to see good friends enjoying the outdoors together... I'm just along to tote decoys and get picked on but wouldn't trade it for anything !!!! Now can we get his girlfriend her first bird in the morning ... good luck to everyone and stay safe !!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 788

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats to both of them....sounds like they were on fire down that way.

Love it when a gobbler cuts me off mid call.

flatsmaster

She got a show ... 2 Gobblers were leaving and my son spun his gobbler decoy to face bird and he lit up and came quick looking to fight ... she was excited and nervous and then relieved she closed the deal .... he shot the other 1 to get a double with her .... so he can go back to work bc he's done .... a great day in the woods with family !!!

Attachments

• IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 653

fullstrut

Congrats on all the birds. Way to get it done quick..

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks for sharing!! Sounds like some good times down that way............but she's got one more to go, so he ain't going back to work just yet:D

flatsmaster

Well my son girlfriend tagged out ... they got them good the first of the season but they've been really busy since ... got a chance to go this morning and it was the right decision... he went to a spot where birds usually roost but it's hard to hunt and was going to try and get tight bc it's open but decided there to late to get there .. they get set up and not long before 3 start gobbling from the branch ... she sees 1 pitch down about 200 yds away and says I think it's a gobbler ... my son starts calling to get cut off and he can see him now at about 150 ... the head turns white and the show is on ... he coming 50 40 now 30 steady walking so a yelp to stand him up and bam ... great bird and another great season ... everyone stay after them and be safe !!!

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 382