Boggs Creek & Dukes Creek

Hodgesba

Heading up to North Georgia to do some fishing this weekend. I have a reservation at Dukes and am ready to fish in stealth mode.

I have not heard much about Boggs creek and was wondering if anyone has fished there before?

Just looking for some friendly advice from one angler to another!

Thanks

fishnguy

You can ride over the mountain from Boggs and fish Frogtown Creek. Haven't been there this year so I don't know how it's fishing.

FishEd927

I fished Dukes last Sunday and it was fishing well with size 16 and 18 pheasant tails dropped off a leach pattern. Make sure to have your fly bouncing the bottom. A lot of big fat fish in there right now, I was fortunate enough to land a 18, 22, and 23. You can bounce over to the chattahoochee in helen and fish or trek over to the Soque and fish the 1 mile public stretch. Does anyone know if the delayed harvest has started at smith creek in unicoi yet? Good luck and share some pics when you return!

BoscoRockbridge

@FishEd927, I have a friend that lives in Helen and said that they dumped around 35K trout about 2 weeks ago and have several more scheduled in the coming weeks.

fishnguy

Delayed harvest opened on the 1st of November. I know that we put 1700-1800 trout in Smith Creek the day before. Some were "nice" fish in the 15-18 inch range but mostly 9-15 range.