Duramax value???

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I get that.
We might trade it for ease and I know that's not the "best" deal. But if we can get within a grand or two haggling with the dealer, that's easier than dealing with who knows how many tire kickers.

But we are unsure of real world value currently

Another pro for trading it with the dealer is taxes.
If you trade it to the dealer for 12k and you buy a 42k truck from them. Now your paying taxes on a price of 30k.
If you sell it outright for 14k and you go to the dealer and buy the same 42k truck you've been wantin. Now you pay taxes on 42k.
It might not be even steven but it could be close to the same money. To me that evens out the headache with buyers, scams and finding time to show it.

T-N-T

Another pro for trading it with the dealer is taxes.
If you trade it to the dealer for 12k and you buy a 42k truck from them. Now your paying taxes on a price of 30k.
If you sell it outright for 14k and you go to the dealer and buy the same 42k truck you've been wantin. Now you pay taxes on 42k.
It might not be even steven but it could be close to the same money. To me that evens out the headache with buyers, scams and finding time to show it.

This is a very fair point.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Is that true? I have only bought a couple since the TAVT tax took over, and I can't remember if they deduct the trade in before they add taxes or not.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
yup... just checked the GA tax website. Trade ins are deducted before tax is applied....

ebryant

I usually get a cash price from a dealer on a new or used truck. then I ask what he will give me for my truck. Then you can add tax and 10-15 percent profit and you will be offering affair deal.