look what I saw this weekend

Soybean

Wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a dang yella hummer:bounce:

dang it hogdawg, you beat me to it. i was going to say the only thing wrong with that picture is that yellow hummer :banginghe could have bought a nice 4 door pick up for the money spent on that :bounce:

leave him uncovered and be proud of your trophy. i would say lay him in a way so you cant see his cut open belly and stick his tounge back in his mouth.

Wiskey_33

I'd cover it....but then again, I don't drive a school bus (Hummer) so I'd have it in the back of my truck under a camper shell.

I just figure being respectful of those who aren't hunters will help the sport out in the long run.

hookedonbass

I just figure being respectful of those who aren't hunters will help the sport out in the long run.

This is simply, but eloquently stated. You are right on Wiskey! It's not about being macho or saying the heck with people who don't agree with it. It's just about respect for other people who don't want to see it. Like I said earlier, I could care less what the PETA freaks think. They are gonna despise us no matter what we do. It's the non hunting public that I am concerned with. Why shove it down their throats? If they change their minds about us, then hunting could very well become a thing of the past.

DSGB

DSGB

Maybe if the non-hunters or anti's or whatever saw more bucks going down the road, then they would realize just how many of us there are and that we ain't going down without a fight! After they see 10 or 15 every weekend, they'll learn that it's commonplace (like it used to be) and learn to GET OVER IT!

deerbandit

I would not cover this deer or any deer up. I mean he/she put the belly toward the truck so you dont have to see the bag of ice in side the deer(if it was gutted) you cant see the tounge hanging out. So why cover it?

Whats the differnece between a dead deer in a truck, on the back of a SUV, or on the road? I may close my tail gate if there are other things in the bed that might come out but i will not do it just to make people happy. Are we going to start going to wal-mart every time we see a dead deer on the side of the road to buy a tarp to go back and cover it up. Give me a break. I dont care if its a doe or a buck be pround of it not ashamed and hide it.

How2fish

i agree its needs to be covered because it just something for peta or some other tree hugger to fuss about thats just me but if you like it uncovered leave it off

I understand your point gump but I have a question when did PETA EVER give a seconds thought to offending you or me as hunters?? Its like trying not to offend a terrorist..sorry I do understand your point, a little tried of taking the high road with folks like that...:whip:

DaGris

Banned
nice buck.........show it proud and be loud.........no cover,........I see nothing wrong!

Wiskey_33

It's not an issue about being proud/ashamed of the deer you took. It's about other people out there not wanting to see it.
Picture a big ol' hoss woman wearing tight spandex shorts. It's nasty, and not everyone wants to see her fat ooze out of her shorts. She's got the right to wear them, but hopefully, she won't, because she's considerate. "I'm proud of this fat, and I'm going to show it off" doesn't really cut it in my book.

Personally, I could care less if you've got it covered or not. I'm not offeneded by the sight of a dead animal, but I don't/can't speak for the entire population.

The AmBASSaDEER

I woulda had my tailgate down fo sho! Me and Cuz were just talking about how people used to ride with them strap to the hood!

burkecountydeer

This is not a big deal to me , if you want to cover it up thats fine but I am not gonna take the extra time to cover mine up after all the hard work put into getting the deer .

puredrenalin

I see both sides, The only reason Id cover it is if I had to go a long distance with it on the hitch carrier, road grime ect...but if I kill one locally its goin on the carrier right to the house! Sorry, the anti, ok, NON hunters can look away, either way its gonna be dammed if ya do and dammed if you dont...so lets just say it was a good buck!

shop foreman

i see both sides but people in general are stuck in their ways if i cover my deer or not ain't gonna change their minds one way or the other and this kind of nonsense is the problem in this country everyone is afraid of offending someone thats why this is no longer america it,s the united states there's a differance, i don't push what i believe on anyone and but i'm not gonna let them determine how i will live my life either and by the way at this rate hunting will be gone soon enough and it won't have anything to do with covering a dead deer.
and by the way i can't spell but you might want to learn if your gonna come on here like your holier than thou.

hookedonbass

Ya'll do realize that the hunting community is a minority of the general population don't you. So are the freaks from PETA, ALF, and all of those other wacko organizations.

The majority of the general population is non hunters. These non hunters voted for our right to hunt and fish just this past November. Remember that! Many of us were worried how the vote might turn out. The vote was very lopsided with the non hunters pushing the bill through for us.

All I am saying is think about it. There are things out there that you may not have a strong opinion on either, but maybe your opinion could be swayed if you saw something you disagreed with or were offended by. If you don't feel like you should cover the animal or close the tailgate that's fine. Don't do it! I'm not trying to preach to anybody just wanting people to have an open mind about it.

I can honestly say that I do see a big difference in a person hauling the animal down a county road in rural Georgia a couple of miles and a person hauling the animal down a split median 4-lane highway in metro Atlanta.

I just wanted you to know that there are people out there that support your right to hunt that have never taken an animal's life and never will. They've never fired a gun and probably never will. Don't give them a reason to change their mind the next time a vote comes around. Just think about it.:cheers:

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I guess I am just one of the few who have enough class to beconsiderate of other people, and intelligence toknow whats good and what is bad for our sport. If the right person saw that deer, it would make the evening news and the story would not be pro hunting. We would get bashed and all that would be talked about it the bad aspects of the sport.

You need to get off your high horse and check out this website...
http://www.spellcheck.net/::ke:

Doc_Holliday23

only thing better would be if it were in the back of a truck with the tailgate closed and the rack was so big you could still see it sticking out the top...

I don't go out of my way to show off my kills to the general public, but I also don't go out of my way to hide them.

deerstand

guys i hate peta as much as anybody, but just seeing us on the roads with our four wheelers and deer stands is enough to show that we're not goung to stop hunting. its the middle of the fencers that im concerned about. we neen to keep them on our side. just because they dont hunt doesnt mean they dont understend the need. this "in your face" passage of riding a uncovered deer down the interstate is going to hurt in the long run. i like to show of my trophy " when i kill one" to my buddies as much as the next guy, but doing it on the open road isnt the way. to me its a total lack of respect for the non hunting community.

okay now you can boot me, but this is just my opinion.

bass4fun

seaweaver

"It's just about respect for other people who don't want to see it."

...and for those that do?
If we and the freaks are in the minority, how you can you draw the line for those in the middle? How do you know what their reaction is?
Why can you make the assumption for them that They don't want to see it?
Why do you assume the position that they will reject it?

I think the only thing that should have been covered w/ a tarp is that hummer