Age?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The first two pics are last yr and the velvet pic is this yr. We let him walk last season to get some more age on him. Curious as to what you think the age is on this deer?

Attachments

• KIMG0051.JPG
    KIMG0051.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 521
  • KIMG0050.JPG
    KIMG0050.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 520
  • 0813171607.jpg
    0813171607.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 520

Meriwether Mike

Still young. Looks like he will be 3 1/2 this Fall. He is on his way to being a giant at 5 1/2.

bulldawgborn

I'd say he is at least a 4 yr old. Kinda tough to say for sure but with his body characteristics, I would call him 4 at my place.

NBN

3-1/2 last year and 4-1/2 this year. I could ground check him if you need me to!!!!!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I really felt like he was 2.5 last season since he was so small body wise compared to the others but I'm better at scoring them than guessing their age. I would really like to let him walk another season but I doubt I could get the others to agree to it. They feel once they reach 4 yrs of age they are mature and earn a spot on the shooters list.

3-1/2 last year and 4-1/2 this year. I could ground check him if you need me to!!!!!

Don't let me get pics of you slipping around with that bow Narvie.:shoot::shoot:

NBN

Haha you know a camera just breaks if it takes my pic., so not worried!!! He may be a 3 year old this year. I've been wrong many times on age. I've seen deer at the WMA you just knew were 3 or 4 and they end up a 2 year old! I've also seen deer up there you thought were 2 and they end up 4 or 5! Who knows if he walks by the right person he's getting stuck.

RABJR

Tough one. Originally I thought last years picture was 3.5 considering how far his neck merged into his body and his tarsals were not dark indicating this was not during rut. I was leaning hard towards 4.5 this year seeing that his legs look proportionate to his body. The body posture isn't ideal for aging but I'm not seeing a wedge face. I'm changing my mind to 3\3.5 this year. I also feel this way that his belly and brisket are tight and if I were to imagine him standing in a good posture, I don't expect him to have the "bull dog" appearance.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Tough one. Originally I thought last years picture was 3.5 considering how far his neck merged into his body and his tarsals were not dark indicating this was not during rut. I was leaning hard towards 4.5 this year seeing that his legs look proportionate to his body. The body posture isn't ideal for aging but I'm not seeing a wedge face. I'm changing my mind to 3\3.5 this year. I also feel this way that his belly and brisket are tight and if I were to imagine him standing in a good posture, I don't expect him to have the "bull dog" appearance.

Actually the first two pics were taken in the middle of the rut. His tarsals never really got that dark.