Early, Miller and Seminole counties Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Son, is the creek and rivers terribly muddy still.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sorry guys, been out of pocket. Down in Florida with my Son who had kidney surgery, and oldest Granddaughter who had thyroid cancer surgery last tuesday.
Yes, the creeks are out of the banks, muddy. The woods are flooded too. I'm thinking our turkeys have moved west to where there's more woods, woods that haven't had any disturbance lately. Some may have gone north, there's still some good sized woods and fields there. But they are not hanging around on us.

A few hens and jakes have been seen, but no long beards so far. If the weather would straighten out, i may go try em for a few days.

oldways

Prayers sent for your son and granddaughter hope for a fast recovery We have had a good wet spring this year..

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers y'all.

Granddaughter is recovering now. Son is continues to have kidney problems, they may have to go in again. Hope not.

Turkey season ongoing, i finally had a chance to go on April Fools day.
Yelp, yelp, i'm the prettiest hen in the woods. "April Fool". LOL

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Finally have a chance to go turkey hunting, and just look at the weather. Turkeys are scarce again on our place for some reason. Water every where, gauge says we got four inches in the woods. Might have to shoot my turkey in the meat section if some don't show up in our woods.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Hope your son and granddaughter continue to improve.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks RT.
Well, my turkey season is getting interesting. This morning, had 8 hens and 6 jakes come by me within 15 yards or so. Had the jakes fighting over the decoy. Pum comical. Then all six got next to the hen decoy, put their heads together and pointed their beaks straight up to the sky. Wonder what that is suppose to mean? No long beards, only heard one gobble before daylight, far off. No turkey meat, but i enjoyed the hunt anyway. Lost my wallet, but found it, so that turned out ok. Darn fold up seats will push your wallet out of back pockets, so watch out.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
More rain coming, the last rain hasn't run off yet. I know where a couple nice gobblers are hanging out, but it would take a boat to get there. Beard rot is common in wet years.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Suppose to get down to 37 tonight in SW Ga. Not doubting it's already cold outside at 8 PM.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If it doesn't quit raining long enough for the lake to clear up, i'll never go fishing. I like to sight fish for shellcrackers, and i can't see nuttin in Lake Seminole these days. Muddy and/or stained bad.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
You ain't smelling nothing when it's raining and the wind is blowing about 20 mph.
The weather is also making for a poor Spring gobbler season in SW Ga. Not many folks getting their birds this time around. Not much gobbling, lots of beard rot, and nasty weather makes for a less than exciting season.
Wanted to plant some spring food plots, can't do that cause the woods are flooded. Stuck tractor isn't fun.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm ready for some sunshine, the hummingbirds are beginning to look more like little ducks.'

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lower Chattahoochee is out of the banks in some areas. The hunting woods i frequent is underwater in low areas, even some of the roads are like canals.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mayhaws are still green, will need a boat to get em this year. Checked our woods and camp today. Woods so flooded couldn't get near a mayhaw tree. Found a broken pvc pipe at camp, the well has been running a few days it looked like. Had to turn the power off. Now wait till the water dries up to repair the problem. I've had a time with the water system so far this year. Camp problems are costing me way too much here lately. Last freeze cost over 200 bucks to repair everything. Guess i'm going to begin cutting all power when leaving camp. Members can cut it on while they're there, off when they leave. Big power bills add up quick and to keep our club membership dues down, we don't need that.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Wonder how the turkey season is going? I haven't checked em for a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.