Lake Allatoona Report And Big Striper .. ( Pics )

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
It's been a while since I have posted. My wifes Dad is going through a major battle with cancer. The grandkids and the rest of the family has been battling colds. Tina and I have had our hands full as of late.

The line side bite on Allatoona is decent. We are catching decent numbers of small hybrids and white bass on most of the flats from Galts to the Delta. Downlining Thread Fins on a 15 - 20 foot bottom has been working best for our crews.

The white bass are eating a 1/2 oz spoon a little better then live bait. And all white Flexit spoon is what we are using for these small line sides.

The Striper bite is starting to pick up. There has been some really good fish caught in the past two weeks. Jumbo Threads Fins are working well on planner boards and free lines. But a big Gizzard shad is the ticket if your looking for a monster fish.

Here is one Bragan caught aboard FirstBite Saturday. This fish hit a big Thread Fin in 15 feet of water. This fish was released to fight another day... Big thanks to Mike at Striper Soup for hooking me up with some Awesome bait.

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Prayers sent. It's time to come south!

It was great to finally meet you in person Greg. Things are starting to return to normal here. I'll call Dustin next week and we will set up our long over due trip.

Msteele

It was great to finally meet you in person Greg. Things are starting to return to normal here. I'll call Dustin next week and we will set up our long over due trip.

You can't go fishing with them(the Pates) down there without me. You know I can bait a hook better than anybody.:biggrin2:

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
You can't go fishing with them(the Pates) down there without me. You know I can bait a hook better than anybody.:biggrin2:

Sounds good Mike. If you guys can go during the week it sure would be easier on me.

Thanks guys for all the thoughts, prayers and calls. You guys are awesome.