To my fellow Georgia Tech fans....

HuntinJake_23

... are we done with CPJ yet? I’m so use to Mediocre seasons I can’t decide if I should be happy with him or upset and ready for him to move along. What a blankety blankety embarrising loss at Duke and what a horrible season. Yes a lot were close, if one play went this way, Tech woulda won; but it’s just sad to watch!!Yes UGA fans I know you want him to stay...

westcobbdog

... are we done with CPJ yet? I’m so use to Mediocre seasons I can’t decide if I should be happy with him or upset and ready for him to move along. What a blankety blankety embarrising loss at Duke and what a horrible season. Yes a lot were close, if one play went this way, Tech woulda won; but it’s just sad to watch!!Yes UGA fans I know you want him to stay...

yeah I would be mad too, thinking Tech needed a Duke win reverse the downward trend and to ramp things up vs UGA. I am glad he stays and truthfully he should switch his offense. Tech is capable of landing a big time QB just not so much in that offense. Don't really see them winning anything anytime soon when Duke in a down football year kicks you around.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am a Tech fan, but really, you ought to be use to it by now.

Reminds me of pulling for the Falcons and Braves back in the 70's

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
... are we done with CPJ yet?

Tech ain't UGA. The priority of the school and the alumni is not football. I'd say well over 50% of students at Tech are not in the football fan "demographic".

Look at UGA. Huge money behind their football program and they haven't won a game that matters in 37 years. :crazy:

Just be happy to beat UGA every now and then and move on.

DannyW

I know about a dozen people who went to Tech, and they all say the same thing...Tech will probably never win another national championship. They would rather be recognized for their academic status than sports prowess. If a national championship happens, great, but they are not going to sacrifice their academic reputation just to win a football title.

Most highly talented high school athletes go to college only because they have to before turning pro. (Calvin Johnson was an exception.) They don't want to spend 20-30 hours a week studying just to stay academically eligible.

Heck...even the basket weaving classes are tough at Tech.

I am not sure than even Nick Saban could turn the Tech program into a national powerhouse, given the rules of engagement placed on the sports programs.

So be happy with 7-8 wins in an average year, 9-10 wins in a great year, beating UGA every 3-4-5 years, and a bowl game most years in a warm climate.

Last edited: