Pro-Gun Laws this Legislative Session?

GunnSmokeer

So, fellow gun owners.... the Georgia General Assembly is in session!

I don't think there are any anti-gun bills that have a snowball's chance in Hades of getting passed.

Are there any pro-gun, pro-carry bills in the hopper that we can ask our State representatives in the House and Senate to vote FOR?

I don't know if there any bills already drafted that deal with any of these issues, but here's my wish list for this legislative session, a REALISTIC wish list, not a "PIE IN THE SKY, UNICORNS FARTING CLOUDS OF COTTON CANDY" type fantasy list:

1.) Clarify that in any public-private partnership, and any lease of government-owned facilities or land for an event managed and controlled by a private entity, the RIGHT TO CARRY applies, and PREEMPTION prevents either the government or the private management company from having any rule or policy against guns in places that are not already off-limits were O.C.G.A state laws.

2.) Establish as a matter of tort law that there is no duty of care to forbid or discourage lawfully-armed persons from visiting or patronizing a business. State that as a matter of public policy, the State of Georgia announces that it believes that when vetted and screened law-abiding citizens with carry permits go out in public armed, all of the public benefits through the suppression of crime.

(this leaves open the possibility that if some business bans guns anyway, and some GWL holder disarms to comply with that rule and is harmed by a criminal there, the property owner or business manger who enacted the stupid "no guns allowed" rule might be liable.)

3.) Put more preemption in place to stop City and County governments from banning recreational shooting, hunting, and firearms training where it is reasonably safe. Current law lets cities and counties do anything they want on this topic, including a complete ban on discharging firearms, or saying you have to have 100 acres of land and no buildings of any kind (even barns, outhouses, or sheds) within 500 feet of the firing line.

I say the State should tell counties that only reasonable restrictions may be enacted, and any shooting range that appears to have a backstop "reasonably calculated" to catch and stop the bullets fired there cannot be outlawed by local ordinances or zoning regulations.

georgia_home

if you are pushing for any preemption, the one thing you must have is a meaningful penalty for any violation.

a number of states that have done preemption, have little or no penalty for violation. as a result the locals just ignore the limits and the law.

where i am, when the state laws are illegally preempted, the only thing you can get back is court costs. there is no penalty.

The have big problems with #2 and #3:

#2: My property is my property....PERIOD. I make the rules.....not you. This legislation infringes on private property rights. EASY "2A People". The US constitution only specifies what the GOVERNMENT cannot do.

#3 If you have 3 acres next to a nursing home with a lowered "Shooting Pit", why should that be allowed if local elected officials (See community) deem it a problem.

Overall, my challenge with almost ALL gun laws is they are all about taking away freedom....Remember: Your "Rights" end where my property begins. Lastly, I hear pro-gun people scream all the time, "We don't need more gun laws". Aren't these more gun laws?