gap insurance question

oldfella1962

Okay, my son bought a new vehicle with a great warranty from the manufacturer so he realized he didn't need an additional dealer warrantee - so he canceled it.
Turns out the finance agent at the dealership cancelled the "gap insurance" too which is handled by the same company. Now it's too late to retract it - my son has no gap insurance.

His insurance company is USAA and they only sell something similar to gap insurance if the car is financed through USAA - his car is financed through TD Auto.
His gap insurance/warrantee/etc. would have been handled through JM & A Group.

So how can he get gap insurance only? Anyone here have any experience with this?

jigman29

My local farm bureau insurance agent sold me gap coverage on a vehicle that I had bought. I financed it through gmac and they still sold me a policy.

oldfella1962

Thanks! I'll let him know about that company. BTW I called up the JM & A company and they told me the dealership is wrong - they can call them up and take care of it (getting his gap insurance back) right over the phone. :huh:

So I tried to call that financial guy at the dealership and he wasn't "available" of course.

My son (for good reason obviously) doesn't want to work with that bozo anymore now. I did some research and there are companies that sell gap insurance at a better price anyway.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
That just doesn't sound right. Gap and extended warranties are sold separate. I would tell him to go to the dealership and not just call them.