Deer cart? Any recommendations?

Designasaurus

Versa cart - I have owned several others and it is by far the best. The angled wheels keep it from turning over and it balances well.

Attachments

• deer cart.jpg
    deer cart.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 478

BowArrow

I bought the aluminum two wheel cart from Sportsman Guide. It will not rust and is light weight. Make sure you get one that you can center the weight over the axle. This gives it balance. I added slats from treaded 1x2's to prevent any part of the deer from slipping between the cross bars. It folds up and has big diameter tires.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Versa cart - I have owned several others and it is by far the best. The angled wheels keep it from turning over and it balances well.

I called today to get one but they are over $250.00. Then I decided to shop around a little more

I plan to go to BPS and look at the crawler...for $150.
I am not sure which way to go. The Versa Cart is a proven performer, and seems to engineered very well. I usually like to buy once cry once. The Versa Cart is a small bussinessman who was real nice and experienced / knowledgable

tdc4dade4

Can't go wrong with the Cabela's cart been using one for years on public land , haul my stand in with an if I'm lucky a deer or hog out with it .

marknga

GONetwork Member
I called today to get one but they are over $250.00. Then I decided to shop around a little more

I plan to go to BPS and look at the crawler...for $150.
I am not sure which way to go. The Versa Cart is a proven performer, and seems to engineered very well. I usually like to buy once cry once. The Versa Cart is a small bussinessman who was real nice and experienced / knowledgable

Wow. $250 plus shipping. Seems well made and the reviews have been awesome. That is about .. well that is more than I was thinking. But probably would be the only deer cart I would ever have to buy.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Now that is cool!!!

Ohoopee Tusker

If you buy one that uses pins, go to the hardware store and buy several extra ones. Tape one or two to the cart handle and keep one in your hunting vehicle.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had one of these about 20 years ago and it worked great. It was made of aluminum and folded up to a small package. I haven't seen it for sale for a long time so it might not be sold any more.

gt40

PS: If I remember correctly it was manufactured in Tennessee. If anyone finds it for sale please post it because I'd buy another one.

Attachments

• th-1.jpeg
    th-1.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 179
  • th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

papaul

game cart

game winner from academy sports.$64.99 have hauled 2 deer at a time with it on hard swamp trails.easy assembly and disassembly if required.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Try a wheel barrel, they work fine.

Nerf Warrior

Got a regular ol garden wagon from tractor supply. Took off the sides and widened the axles. Used it numerous times with success.

P6smSKC

I was lucky enough to find a handtruck/dolly thing on the side of the road earlier this year... fairly old and had to have some sturdy wheels put on it but it hauled my doe out of the woods just fine! Just had to fold all the legs in on the deer the way they do when they bed down and then strap her in good. So if you don't want to spend the $$$ on an official deer hauler and you have an old hand truck you don't care about you could use that :)

marknga

GONetwork Member
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Y'all are a creative bunch.
Keep them coming.