Hawk crawler deer cart

dusty200001

I recently went to a quota hunt and was wishing I had a good deer cart. Well after a lot of looking and reading I decided to try a hawk crawler 500. Well I’m here now to tell you go get one. This thing is awesome. It’s a 4 wheel cart with a pivoting axle that will crawl and even flip over logs and such. Since I ordered it I have used it to haul in corn and carry two deer out. I wish I would have got this a long time ago. This is a back saver. Go check it out.

Ps. If you do get one a ratchet or bungee for the critter is needed. Also in the bottom where it folds up it needs a round lock pin not provided to lock it in from folding up. This is not required but highly recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpeg
    IMG_2917.jpeg
    554.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2909.jpeg
    IMG_2909.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 59

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I dragged this very critter a short distance tonight, and I am very impressed with the cart.

We were dragging this thing thru fresh bedded clearcut with all the ruts, rows, mud, stumps, limbs, and stobs, and the cart just rolls over it all like a danged monster truck.

If I didn't know exactly where to borrow one, I'd buy one for sure... :bounce:

dusty200001

I dragged this very critter a short distance tonight, and I am very impressed with the cart.

We were dragging this thing thru fresh bedded clearcut with all the ruts, rows, mud, stumps, limbs, and stobs, and the cart just rolls over it all like a danged monster truck.

If I didn't know exactly where to borrow one, I'd buy one for sure... :bounce:
There that is

Toliver

I can't speak for that one but I have one with two 22" wheels that's long enough and shaped so a properly placed deer will counterbalance and even out the weight load. I won't go hunting without it now. It makes life so much easier and I'm willing to kill deer I otherwise would let walk just to avoid the drag. If yours makes it any easier than mine the next step up would have to be motorized and self propelled with all wheel drive. Deer carts rank right up there in importance on the must have while hunting list with thermacell and toilet paper.... oh and the weapon of choice.

I’ve had one for several years. Works great. As mentioned above, I added additional bolts to the bottom to prevent it from flipping up and drilled a second hole and added a bolt on each side of the handle as well. I’ve even lashed it to the back of the 4 wheeler when I get really lazy!

dusty200001

I’ve had one for several years. Works great. As mentioned above, I added additional bolts to the bottom to prevent it from flipping up and drilled a second hole and added a bolt on each side of the handle as well. I’ve even lashed it to the back of the 4 wheeler when I get really lazy!
I seen the idea of the top bolts but haven’t seen a need for it yet. It’s been a back saver for sure so far.

nix03

Never used one of those but I have jet sled for public land and it’s life saver when comes to dragging a deer out.