Pets At Hunting Camp

livetohunt

Other than hunting camp, how many people go outside at their house and have to listen to neighbor dogs yapping all day..This may be my biggest pet peeve of all. The neighbors obviously think its ok for their dogs to bark all day but I bet the other neighbors don't think its ok, and if you say something to them about the barking you are the bad guy.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Amazes me how many people bring their dogs into a dealership while shopping for cars or while getting service. I see it weekly. While most of the dogs are well behaved, you're still bringing a dog into a place of business :huh:

Mine gets to go to Lowes with me but only if I'm not pulling and loading lumber. If he goes to any other place of business with me he's sitting in the truck while I TCB.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Other than hunting camp, how many people go outside at their house and have to listen to neighbor dogs yapping all day..This may be my biggest pet peeve of all. The neighbors obviously think its ok for their dogs to bark all day but I bet the other neighbors don't think its ok, and if you say something to them about the barking you are the bad guy.

I'd rather hear a dog barking any day as traffic, sirens, people noises, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, pop (bro-country) and rap music, and such.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mine gets to go to Lowes with me but only if I'm not pulling and loading lumber. If he goes to any other place of business with me he's sitting in the truck while I TCB.

I have never taken my dog into a business, except for Tractor Supply every three years to get the rabies shot at the traveling vet clinic. I did used to have a bluetick hound that would stick its head out the truck window and bawl into the drive-thru speaker at Wendy's. She liked her some cheeseburgers. :)

walters

Dog

I'm a dog person, take mine everywhere but he is well behaved, I've read all these post and I can see where some of y'all are coming from, I wouldn't want to listen ti a dog yelp all night or have one jumping on me constantly, now people talking about the deer smelling them on you are full of it, they smell dogs in the woods all time, they would tolerate that long before human smell, have had my dog in stand with me several times and seen deer, had deer 10yds from us before, several times.
But that's besides the point,. All dogs around our camp are pretty good guests, they mind and generally just happy to be there like us:)

leftystar

You can tell deer season is over for most of us. blah blah blah I don't mind well behaved kids or dogs because mine is going to be. And there is a time for wives to come too and shes knows that.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell a lot about a man by the way he treats dogs.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Dogs love me.
I musta been one in a former life.
I think they can tell...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
ill bring a cat to the club

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ll just bring my little pet and watch the show. :)

Attachments

• gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 72