Bank fishing around Allatoona?

vaindioux

Hi

We are looking for a nice bank fishing spot around Allatoona in a park.

Bottom fishing for cats. Just me and my wife relaxing.
I understand other people enjoy the parks and some folks will be around and that’s fine but not looking for a crowded spot, 10 feet long fishing jetty with 15 fishermen or have 17 kids running around lol
We would rather stay home.

Is red top just for camping?
How about kellogs?
I tried looking at videos but nothing really. Lots of camping or hiking videos.

Thxs

JonathanG2013

Hi

We are looking for a nice bank fishing spot around Allatoona in a park.

Bottom fishing for cats. Just me and my wife relaxing.
I understand other people enjoy the parks and some folks will be around and that’s fine but not looking for a crowded spot, 10 feet long fishing jetty with 15 fishermen or have 17 kids running around lol
We would rather stay home.

Is red top just for camping?
How about kellogs?
I tried looking at videos but nothing really. Lots of camping or hiking videos.

Thxs
Rope Mill Park off exit 19 on the road next to race track across from the outlet. It has cat, bass, stripe, white bass. You can go upstream or downstream near the bridge there is a deep hole. Friend caught a 8 pound caught off of a swim bait last year.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
FYI, Allatoona looks like fudge right now, large trees floating down the Etowah. Corp is releasing quickly so down river is moving. Good luck to you and the Mrs.

vaindioux

Rope Mill Park off exit 19 on the road next to race track across from the outlet. It has cat, bass, stripe, white bass. You can go upstream or downstream near the bridge there is a deep hole. Friend caught a 8 pound caught off of a swim bait last year.
Great, thxs a lot

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Is there a trail that leads to bank fishing on the Etowah? I want to catch stripers during the annual migration.
3 parks in Canton, Boling Park behind the High School is closest to the lake and there are some primitive trails down to the river. Never caught one there, but have herd of it. Nothing I know of between there and Knox Bridge. Caught one at Olde Rope Mill Park (Little River) a few years ago and have herd of a few others.

drhunter1

IMG_2016.jpeg
This picture was taken form a friend who lives on the lake today. Water looks pretty clear now.