Altahama Bass in Gwinnett

gaspro

Hi

I'm hellbent on going for the GA Bass Slam this year with my 7yo son. I have a pretty good grasp on 4 or 5 species, but would like to catch an Altamaha, just for the sake of catching one of the rarer, GA only species. I found a thread here mentioning the Yellow and Apalachee Rivers in Gwinnett being an option. I realize these may not be the best spots, but being able to hit a spot after school/work for us has quite a good chance of happeneing. We have the ability to kayak... can anyone provide a little more detail on general locale? I don't need or want anyone's hunny hole, but knowing generally where I should be looking would be a big help. I fished the Yellow a little around the county park without seeing the elusive Altamaha.

basshappy

BANNED
Man I haven't read that thread but that bass species is not native to Gwinett that I am aware of. You go east and south for it. Ocmulgee River is best.

Jdmb123

Part of the fun is figuring it out on your own right? Wouldn’t want the location of an elusive species routinely out on the web.