Gold Star Mom

Patriot44

Banned
From time-to-time, a moment will happen that tends to stick with you. Today I went to ACE to get some plumbers putty during my kitchen faucet changing adventure, and I saw a Jeep outside next to my car with an airbrushed tire cover. It was a picture of a Marine with a birthdate and a KIA date.

For some reason, I thought of the lady that I had passed coming out as the mother(she was getting propane) and said a little prayer and drove off. About 25 minutes later, I was at a convenience store and passed the same lady in the same manner as I was leaving the front door. As I turned toward my car, I immediately saw the Jeep again. So as I left, I stopped behind the jeep and read it all again. I also noticed two bumper stickers (pray for our troops((I think)) and an all gave some, some gave all sticker) and a Gold Star Family license plate.

Fast forwarding a few hours, I thought of the young Marine while sitting on the couch watching my Tigers. I remembered his name and the KIA date so I googled him.

I felt compelled to share this Marine's story.

RIP PFC Jason Estopinal!

http://livinglegendteam.blogspot.com/2010/02/marine-pfc-jason-h-estopinal.html

Last edited:

cramer

Thank you for taking the time to remember Jason and his sacrifice as well as all of those who have gone before him and after:flag:

God bless those who serve and the families of our servicemen and women::;

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I think this nation no longer gives these soldiers the respect they deserve.

Thanks for sharing this!!!!!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:flag: :flag: :flag:

rjcruiser

Thank you for taking the time to remember Jason and his sacrifice as well as all of those who have gone before him and after:flag:

x3.

Nugefan

Amen ...:flag: :flag: :flag:

At the end of the 2nd video is several other fallen hero funerals ....RIP to each and every one of them ...

Last edited:

The mtn man

:flag:

egomaniac247

So sad seeing "1988-2010".

Man that's too short of a life. Just a pup, who knows what he coulda done in the rest of his years.

Semper Fi Marine, rest in peace.

Patriot44

Banned
I suppose everyday is Memorial Day in my head, but it wasn't until a few minutes ago that I remembered this thread and then the kids name.

Rest easy Marine; I hope you have met Dowdy by now and are chillin together in Valhalla.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I suppose everyday is Memorial Day in my head, but it wasn't until a few minutes ago that I remembered this thread and then the kids name.

Rest easy Marine; I hope you have met Dowdy by now and are chillin together in Valhalla.

Thanks for the bump.

May PFC Estopinal and all others before and after RIP. :flag:

Rick Alexander

It's neat

that you can look up these stories now. I've got a relative buried in a family cemetery near Sylvania GA (Lewis family plot) that according to the grave stone died on D-Day. I've asked around the family but no one seems to know the story about him. I guess the story has been lost from the passage of time. I wonder if I could find out more somehow but I understand the family has to approve for military records to be released so I've never tried. Might give it a try when I go down next time by recording his name and see if I can find anything. I would love it if there was some sort of site for these sort of things.