Country music

T-N-T

I like that song "Barbie Girl"
I don't think we will have any conflict on saying it's not good.
Just because you like something doesn't mean it has to be good. It can simply be catchy.

T-N-T

Like mentioned before pop/bro country sells better and maximizing profit is the bottom line. I personally like it and the old stuff too. I also have rap, metal, techno, pop, and grunge on my ipod as well. Most Gen Y'ers do I bet.

Go to a Luke Bryan concert and see how many 15-35 yr old females are there. I can tell you from experience, A LOT!

Yep. If you are needing to find you a woman, go to a "New Country" concert.

specialk

pretty much....

Attachments

• 11380791_815952535166827_782009061_n.jpg
    11380791_815952535166827_782009061_n.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 217

toyota4x4h

I like that kinda music cause the girls my age and younger do so that's how you get in with them. Take them to see Kane Brown at riverbend in a few weeks..youre golden pony boy.

EverGreen1231

Yes I'm only 25 but I still wonder what has happened to country music this day in Time!I may be an old soul trapped in a young body but country music ain't the same. What happened to music like Randy Travis, Keith Whitley and king George Travis tritt etc??

If you do like me and listen only to classical and bluegrass, you'll find your predicament will deteriorate. ;)

Oldstick

I like that kinda music cause the girls my age and younger do so that's how you get in with them. Take them to see Kane Brown at riverbend in a few weeks..youre golden pony boy.

The wife and I were at an event a couple years back at a local park. During the same time there happened to be a concert with one of the young country artists in the same park that evening. It might have been Luke Bryan, I don't recall. But when the cars started arriving I thought there was some kind of big hooker's convention going on with all the crazy outfits the hoards of young ladies had on.

toyota4x4h

The wife and I were at an event a couple years back at a local park. During the same time there happened to be a concert with one of the young country artists in the same park that evening. It might have been Luke Bryan, I don't recall. But when the cars started arriving I thought there was some kind of big hooker's convention going on with all the crazy outfits the hoards of young ladies had on.

This years riverbend is gonna be loaded with em lol. If youre 25-35 and male and not married or tied down you have to listen to and go to these bro country concerts bec almost all the women are at them.

Personally I prefer early to mid 90s as that was when I grew up and listened too. Some may not think Sammy Kershaw is "real" country though I dunno. :huh:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I like that song "Barbie Girl"
I don't think we will have any conflict on saying it's not good.
Just because you like something doesn't mean it has to be good. It can simply be catchy.

I gotcha. I just hate modern radio "country" man.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Like mentioned before pop/bro country sells better and maximizing profit is the bottom line. I personally like it and the old stuff too. I also have rap, metal, techno, pop, and grunge on my ipod as well. Most Gen Y'ers do I bet.

Go to a Luke Bryan concert and see how many 15-35 yr old females are there. I can tell you from experience, A LOT!

Unfortunately I've been to a Luke Bryan concert. A bunch of friends got tickets to see him at The Georgia Theatre when we were in Athens several years ago. I knew who he was and knew I didn't like the song or two that I had heard but I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. Few things are worse than being stuck at a concert when you hate the music being played and think the artist is a joke. I finally told them to holler at me when it was over and I left and went to a bar.

As far as going to concerts by these types of people because women are there, I'm married so that's a non starter. But back when I was single that didnt make me go to these kinds of things. Plenty of places to meet women that doesn't involve some nancy boy caterwauling and skipping and prancing around the stage while pretending to be a "country boy."

Everybody is different I guess.

toyota4x4h

Unfortunately I've been to a Luke Bryan concert. A bunch of friends got tickets to see him at The Georgia Theatre when we were in Athens several years ago. I knew who he was and knew I didn't like the song or two that I had heard but I figured it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. Few things are worse than being stuck at a concert when you hate the music being played and think the artist is a joke. I finally told them to holler at me when it was over and I left and went to a bar.

As far as going to concerts by these types of people because women are there, I'm married so that's a non starter. But back when I was single that didnt make me go to these kinds of things. Plenty of places to meet women that doesn't involve some nancy boy caterwauling and skipping and prancing around the stage while pretending to be a "country boy."

Gotta play the odds though lol. I havnt seen anything that draws the women in like a fgl concert..cept maybe John Mayer. I like some John pardy from the new artist.

Oldstick

I am pushing 60 with two daughters in their 30s (one married and one taken) so I would have been waighting with several 12 gauge semi-auto's loaded if I thought they were attending the hooker rally.

Artfuldodger

I like Red Dirt Country so a co-worker told me to check out TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION. I'm thinking something like the Sir Douglas Quintet of the Seventies.

No way, not even close. TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION is a Red Dirt Metal band. Not my cup of tea.

It seems today there are a lot of songs describing what being country or being a redneck are. I guess there has always been songs like that going back to Outlaw Country.

A singer by the name of Creed Fisher comes to mind. Back in the day we had David Allan Coe.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten

Did Ol' Luke shake it at the bees?facepalm:

Just glad you are OK SGD - Waylon done rolled over.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Did Ol' Luke shake it at the bees?facepalm:

Just glad you are OK SGD - Waylon done rolled over.

Yeah something like that. It was pretty bad. I don't know how a man can prance around like he does and have any respect for himself. I don't care how much money he makes.