Blackbeard Island

Headed to Blackbeard Island in April. Plan to fish inshore and nearshore around the island. Can anyone tell of the trout and redfish bite in this area? Thanks

TAS

I was there in Dec for a bowhunt. Bunch of people fishing at the dock were catching reds, trout, and sheepshead.

Sharkfighter

where is this place even located at?
You have to go south of St Catherines Island and that is Sapelo Sound

I have caught Slot Reds and Sheepshead the only time I fished there ( December 2013) on the boat dock up the river that runs through the Island.

I do a volunteer beach clean up there once a year but never fished it from the yak or the surf.

ricksconnected

You have to go south of St Catherines Island and that is Sapelo Sound

I have caught Slot Reds and Sheepshead the only time I fished there ( December 2013) on the boat dock up the river that runs through the Island.

I do a volunteer beach clean up there once a year but never fished it from the yak or the surf.

wow I got a reply finally lol.
thank you indeed. I found it actually. ive not been there myself.

I plan to put in at Killkinney marina and go south behind St. Catherines. Has anybody been this way to Blackbeard? I usually fish in and around Ossabaw. Thanks!!

Colby

It is a easy run but lengthy! You'll run pass a lot of good fishing along the way down around Wahoo Island, the Basin, and around the south end of St. Catherine's. You can put in at the Public boat ramp at Harris Neck and shoot out of Barbour River (10-15 minute run to Blackbeard). Fishing in Blackbeard around the Docks is good like mentioned above, also down around the south end around Cabretta sound and Sapelo is good also.

Redman54

You could also put in at Cresent at the public ramp. That would be a lot closer. Kilkenny is a long ride to Blackbeard.

Thanks for all the good advice!!
Always enjoyed inshore fishing. Remember fishing oyster beds in a river boat with my father 40+ years ago. No GPS, 6hp motor, no trolling motor, zebco 33's..great times.