Cabelas price match

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I did not go to the store that had the ad. because it is about 80 miles from my place. Cabelas price match from there website 100 miles The Cabelas store is 14 miles from my place. It is a nice 80 mile drive to there store. I sent the same thing to customer serivce. They responded within a few hours. They care and it does make a differance.

Just curious, how did you get the Alexanders ad 80 miles from Alexanders? Are they advertising down there?

Kris87

I have nothing to add to this thread except my full support for Cabelas. I love their clothes, and you can often get great deals on things in the bargain cave. I'm not a price match kind of guy, so that doesn't matter to me. I much more despise people taking up my time at the grocery store using coupons. :D

davidhelmly

I have nothing to add to this thread except my full support for Cabelas. I love their clothes, and you can often get great deals on things in the bargain cave. I'm not a price match kind of guy, so that doesn't matter to me. I much more despise people taking up my time at the grocery store using coupons. :D

Amen to that!! :bounce:

LTZ25

I agree , if a store is closer to me and the price is reasonable then no way I'm shopping around . How much was saved on going to another store and waisting gas and time ?

cr00241

A manager at the Cabelas in Augusta told me they will match any advertised price within a 50 mile radius of the store.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just curious, how did you get the Alexanders ad 80 miles from Alexanders? Are they advertising down there?

Alexanders also has a email ad that gets sent out just about weekly.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Alexanders has been my local gun store since I was old enough to see over the counter. I bought my very first gun there as soon as I was old enough. And then I bought my second....and my third....and so forth....

duke13

Bass pro will match anything on the internet. i show them ads all the time and they match anything

KLBTJTALLY1

I've had Gander Mountain (believe it or not!) match prices for me on ammo and reloading dies I spotted at a Bass Pro earlier. These matches were on two separate occasions. In the case of the dies, I snapped a cell phone pic of the 10mm RCBS die set with the product number and price right under the box. Made it easy for the manager to match. Ammo...I just brought in the sales circular and explained "I'd rather spend my money here, but will go to BP if I have to...". They didn't blink an eye when matching the price.

Not for long... :bounce:

GA native

The only time I spend money at Cabela's, is when they have something on sale. Otherwise, they are overpriced on just about everything. With that said, I do like their arrows. Good arrows and a decent price, when they go on sale.

Wally World and Adventure Outdoors, generally beats everyone on ammo... to my experience.

lonewolf247

Bass pro will match anything on the internet. i show them ads all the time and they match anything

I wonder if that's on an individual store basis, or maybe it's something they've done recently?

We have a Cabelas, and a Bass Pro near home. About 5 years ago, Cabelas had a Weatherby rifle on sale, but did not have it in the caliber I wanted, so I went to check at Bass Pro. Low and behold, they had the right caliber, but the rifle was priced ~$75 more. I showed them an ad from Cabelas, and asked if they matched prices, and was told I'd have to speak with a manager. The manager told me that they were not obligated or had a policy to do price match, and said their price was competitive.

After negotiating for quite a bit, a second manager finally agreed to do it. I was happy with the transaction, but felt like they really didn't want to go out of their way to earn my business, even if it meant me going down the road to Cabelas .

I shop at both stores, and have made some good deals, but usually mostly go there to buy something that's in a sale flyer. In general, I find both stores kind of high priced.

I will say I think Cabelas brand items, seem much better quality than BP. Especially clothes, boots, and waders. I think cabelas makes some top quality stuff!

As far as Cabelas, and price matching, I've never asked them to match a price, to be able to say, for sure.