Spypoint Customer Service - POSITIVE REPORT

one_shot_no_mor

I read about a lot of negative experiences with Spypoint. Here's what happened with my call to customer service this morning...
I have 10 Spypoint cameras in the field...my experience with them has all been positive until just recently. I noticed that some pictures that I could see online did not show on my phone. I had to look both on my phone then online every day to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have them set to only report once a day.
I used "chat" on customer support to contact Spypoint. When I told them the issue, he said they were aware and had updated the app. He told me to delete the app on my phone then reinstall it. I asked if he would wait while I did that and he did. It worked perfectly...I decided to press my luck.
I asked if he had a minute to help me with another minor issue. I explained that I had bought a MicroS-LTE on eBay that would not power on. After we went through all the battery checks, SD card and such, he said there is nothing else we can do remotely..."would you like a RMA to return it? It is still under warranty?" I told him I bought it on ebay and I was told it had never worked...my loss...
He said that's OK and again asked if I wanted to get a RMA...of course I said SURE!! Within literally seconds, I got an email saying my new camera was on the way and instructions on how to return the broken one...WOW!!!
Now really feeling lucky, I said, "while I've got you...one of my LINK-CELLS has a bad SIM card. Sometimes it won't connect but it works perfect if I put a SIM card in it from another camera." He said, "sorry, we do not sell or replace SIM cards". I said BUMMER guess I'm out of luck. He said send me the LINK-CELL activation code...I did.
He said that one is still under warranty too! Would you like me to process a RMA?
MIND
BLOWN!!!:yeah:
Within the course of 20 minutes or so, I had an app issue resolved and TWO UNEXPECTED NEW DEVICES in the mail!! No receipts, no "return it to the store where you bought it", no "sorry, ebay is not an authorized distributor"...NONE of what I usually get!!!
To each his own but I am DEFINITELY a Spypoint fan!

bonecollector123

Well that's one positive report. I have one micro link that will literally kill batteries in a few minutes and smells like an electrical fire. It gets so hot you can't touch the lens. They said sorry it's out of warranty. The I was gifted the micro link S for fathers day and turned it on here at the house it worked fine. I drove the 250 miles to my lease and it was still okay. It hasnt done a thing since and I have to drive to Georgia and call them while it's in my hand to see if they can get it to work. I won't but another one. But I am glad yours worked out.

MCBUCK

If I could actually speak to someone at Spypoint I might could get my issue resolved. After several attempts at the online chat, and several attempts at direct calls where I was cast into the sea of hold, I have yet to actually have any contact with a company rep of any sort.

2dye4

If I could actually speak to someone at Spypoint I might could get my issue resolved. After several attempts at the online chat, and several attempts at direct calls where I was cast into the sea of hold, I have yet to actually have any contact with a company rep of any sort.
If you would press 1 when prompted they will call you back. May take an hour but you will receive a callback. I have 10 cameras and my experience is good with their service.

specialk

for the fact that you typed POSITIVE in the header i had to click inside and see what this was about.....i guess they pick and choose who they give good service to......congratulations!....

Mexican Squealer

Only issues I’ve ever had with SPYPOINT have been easily resolved by calling them and getting a call back. I know they are hated by most but I have had great luck and run a pile of them

one_shot_no_mor

NEVER had a problem with their customer support...NEVER actually spoken with a real person. The few issues I've had (see OP) were resolved to my satisfaction through "chat"

one_shot_no_mor

Only issues I’ve ever had with SPYPOINT have been easily resolved by calling them and getting a call back. I know they are hated by most but I have had great luck and run a pile of them
Same here. I have 14. The last issue I had was a PIR (motion sensor) failure. They replaced it with the new FLEX for a small up charge. I LOVE the FLEX.

MCBUCK

I stayed in “chat” for about 30
mins, sending a message about every 5 mins; no response.

But…it may not have mattered. I think my cam is a model that doesn’t communicate anymore. It is the Link Micro LTE and I am pretty sure I read something about Feb 2022 being an end date to it sending messages. But it can still be used as a standard Sd cam.

I picked up a Moultrie Base this afternoon. It sure is easy to use. Signal is staying weak tho…may have to research that some.

one_shot_no_mor

I stayed in “chat” for about 30
mins, sending a message about every 5 mins; no response.

But…it may not have mattered. I think my cam is a model that doesn’t communicate anymore. It is the Link Micro LTE and I am pretty sure I read something about Feb 2022 being an end date to it sending messages. But it can still be used as a standard Sd cam.

I picked up a Moultrie Base this afternoon. It sure is easy to use. Signal is staying weak tho…may have to research that some.
I have several Link Micro LTE as well as older Micro WMV that still work fine...haven't heard about any end date...sorry you've had bad experience

MCBUCK

I’m going to try again tomorrow and see if they will call me back. I guess I’m an somewhat anal regarding customer service. I’m an outside sales rep for a midsize company and our CSR’s are top notch about the phones. I guess I am spoiled….or old fashioned about a phone being answered

MCBUCK

Once again I have about 2 1/2 hours gone waiting on response from Spypoint customer service. I am sure they may be excellent when speaking with them, but the consistency of response is lacking. I am at a loss as to my next step. I just want my camera to work.

"This camera has not communicated." I have tried all of the trouble shooting and nothing works. This is a camera that I bought but am adding to a shared account with another hunter.

one_shot_no_mor

Once again I have about 2 1/2 hours gone waiting on response from Spypoint customer service. I am sure they may be excellent when speaking with them, but the consistency of response is lacking. I am at a loss as to my next step. I just want my camera to work.

"This camera has not communicated." I have tried all of the trouble shooting and nothing works. This is a camera that I bought but am adding to a shared account with another hunter.
Sounds like it is not properly activated...does it show an activation code in "status"? That is the number they use for troubleshooting...

one_shot_no_mor

Go through the troubleshooting guide on their web site and pay close attention to the LIGHTS when you power it up. Not sure it will activate on a "shared account".

Jason C

I’m on my third camera.. it’s the new flex had it a week and now it has to be sent back. Never owned a camera from them that hasn’t been sent back worst camera out of the 5 different types I have.