What makes these cell cams stop sending pics?

Shadow11

I can't make any sense out of it. I've had several cheap spypoints that stopped sending pics, and never was successful at getting them to work again. I bought one of the more expensive flex-s cams a couple weeks ago.

It worked great for 3 days and stopped sending/taking pics. I turned it off and back on and it worked for 2 more days and same thing happened. I returned to walmart and tried another one. This one will work fine for 1 day and then stop sending/taking pics. I can turn it off and back on.... repeat.

I finally said the heck with spy point, and bought a tactacam. I bought a plan, put 12 new batteries in it, and stuck it out on my deck this morning for a test run. It did great for 4 hours, then stopped sending pics. I turned it off/on and it started sending pics again.

Could it be a network issue? This tactacam came with 2 sim cards....one for att and one for verizon. I had the att card in earlier. I decided to change it to the verizon card. So far so good. Any ideas?

86ccord

My spypoints typically need an SD card update / reformat when they stop sending pics. However, today mine needed an antenna.

Side note...I've also got 4 stealth cams that have been almost problem free.

Shadow11

My spypoints typically need an SD card update / reformat when they stop sending pics. However, today mine needed an antenna.

Side note...I've also got 4 stealth cams that have been almost problem free.
I bought a stealth cam a couple weeks ago, but turns out the app isn't compatible with my old phone. I sold it to buddy at work. It's been working great.

Since i switched my tactacam card from att to Verizon on sunday i haven't had any issues. Even the instant photo works good. It sends me a pic about 30 seconds after i hit the button. When the spypoint flex was working, it would take about 4 minutes to get the instant pic after hitting the button.

cowhornedspike

I bought a stealth cam a couple weeks ago, but turns out the app isn't compatible with my old phone. I sold it to buddy at work. It's been working great.

Since i switched my tactacam card from att to Verizon on sunday i haven't had any issues. Even the instant photo works good. It sends me a pic about 30 seconds after i hit the button. When the spypoint flex was working, it would take about 4 minutes to get the instant pic after hitting the button.

Nothing is more critical on the Tactacams than using the correct SD card. Only use what is recommended...don't even waste your time trying something else even though they may work for a while. My cams are usually too far away to have to "fix" them when I could have prevented issues from the start.

Most of the issues folks have with these cams ends up being the SD card being incorrect.

Use only C10 U3 Sandisk Extreme Pro 16 or 32 Gig or the one Tactacam sells.