I've changed brands on cell cameras

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
After dealing with spypoint, I finally gave up. First camera bought has always worked, still working. Second camera purchased wasn't reliable, spypoint finally exchanged and sent a new cam. First two weeks the replacement worked great, then claimed it had reached the limit of 250. It didn't, but I let it go until they claimed to reset the camera. It sent one photo and quit, claiming I had reached 250, saying it would be 8 days before reset. I put the cam in the truck for nine days, then put it out again. New batteries etc, status says 100 percent signal, batteries etc, but nothing on the sd card. Contacted spypoint and they say try this and that. I've been through that before several times. I will use the two cameras as regular trail cameras. If they send any of the free 100 photo's a month, so be it. I am cancelling the plan I have with them. The Spypoint cams do take photos and put them on the sd card.
Changed to Moultrie edge, three cams so far and no problems. Great service when I call them, and they are in Alabama it says. Friends in my hunt club claim Tactacam to be a good choice too. Photo always improves the post. Actually drove my truck down into a cypress swamp, (no road) and dragged this buck out. Couldn't have done it if our woods had been wet like they usually are. We've experienced a dry season. 8 point with a 9th point sticking out just below one of the brows.

Attachments

• buck dec 8th.jpg
    buck dec 8th.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 107

specialk

i threw my spypoints in the trash...looking to replace them....i've had good luck with moultrie feeders....might get one and try it in the back yard....

BmasterVol

My delta base is working great also

Shane Dockery

I use one Spypoint that I've had in the woods over 2 1/2 years so far. Can't complain about it, but get others issues. Friend bought one after seeing how well mine did. He had nothing but issues. No clue why, but he did and he rightfully gave up. I also have the Moultrie Edge and it's even better. Now the Spypoint is in Texas sending pics daily. Guess I got lucky and I'm happy for it.

dawg

I like the tactacams, they are dependable!

Got my first spartan and they are great but much more expensive!

thaney10

I did the same last season- threw my spypoint in the trash. Ben running the Bushnell Cellucore the last 2 seasons and no issues. Great cam and very reliable

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’ve had 3 Moultrie And when i had a problem with one Moultrie shipped me a replacement before I could get mine in the mail to them.
Looking at getting another when I can squeak it by the wife :hair:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have cancelled my insiders club membership with Spy point. Replacement camera worked for two weeks then said It had reached the limit of 250. There's no way it did. I texted them and they said they would give me a one time reset. That camera hasn't worked since and now has moisture behind the lense. I've gone to Moultrie edge cams, have three and they are working just fine. I've found Moultrie to have great service too.

Attachments

• blind camera location.jpg
    blind camera location.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 27

talisman

I have cancelled my insiders club membership with Spy point. Replacement camera worked for two weeks then said It had reached the limit of 250. There's no way it did. I texted them and they said they would give me a one time reset. That camera hasn't worked since and now has moisture behind the lense. I've gone to Moultrie edge cams, have three and they are working just fine. I've found Moultrie to have great service too.
I have 10 moultrie cell cams and for the most part they do a great job just make sure you use quality SD cards

The Moultrie edge doesn’t use any memory cards. If it doesn’t make it through to the tower and storage you loose them. Another thing I didn’t like about them.

billy336

I use Muddy in GA and Spartan in FL. No issues with muddy, Spartans eat batteries,so we went with the solar panels. Moultrie were always my go to for no cell cams.