Joined the mayo cult....I'm now a card toting member.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
My wife slipped two glass jars of Blue Plate into my luggage as a surprise for me on a flight to Michigan. She didn't expect me to check my bag. It was a mess I'm telling you. I had to throw a watch away. As someone who spends a lot of my time up north, Walmart's Great Stuff mayo is as close to Blue Plate as you will find. It's actually pretty good. Good luck finding decent cornmeal though.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Off the chain Dubro !!! :fine::cheers: Love the Bammer white sauce !!

Dub

Thank you folks.

Had fun these last couple of days off. That ends today, I'm afraid. Working through the weekend, but will doing a brisket and some ribs on Monday, I think.

The pork burnt ends turned out okay....not as good as they could have been had I used a sauce closer to SBR. Instead I made a sauce from Raichlen's book and used it. Wife loved it on the wings....it was good...but just not what I was shooting for on the burnt ends.

They were great right off the grill. The mayo trick really allows for a thick coating of rub...more so than using mustard. I don't think it makes much difference later on in the cook, though...but I'm going to keep using on Monday's brisket and ribs.

I took them, doused them in sauce, back on the grill for a few more minutes and took them out of the sauce on the grates a few minutes. Nice sticky consistency.

No finished pics as they were gobbled up pretty dang quick.

Threw on some wings that had been in brine all day. Hit 'em with the RecTec Greek rub....this stuff shines on chicken. Everyone here that's tried it loves it on wings.

Salad with some dressing I made from lemons, limes & honey...wish I'd measured the stuff because it was really good.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
H22 puts a big glob of mayo in his ground meat when mixing up burgers. Make em real moist.
Your pics look off the chain good Dub!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Dang Dub, You have really cooked up some delicious looking foods here for sure. Thanks for sharing such a variety of fine cooking with all of us. I think that I might have gained 5 lbs or more just by looking at all of these prospects.

OH, for the record, I ONLY use DUKE'S MAYO and I keep one jar in the refrigerator and, like right now, I have 4 extra jars on the top shelf in my food pantry as well as I bought 2 more on sale at $ 3.12 per jar last Friday.

Also, I agree that Shealy's BBQ in Batesburg-Leesville is some of the best food anywhere around. I have spent a lot of time in South Carolina and I actually like the Carolina style mustard type BBQ. You can easily eat yourself into COMA real easy there. I remember back years ago, when my brother-in-law (who lived in Leesville )would walk in, their employees would have him at least 4 of those big fried "pulley-bones" waiting on him as he went through the line. They also have such a variety of different meats, vegetables, salads and slaws, and ice cream and other desserts too.