atv mowers

Whitetailer

Can some one tell me the difference between a rough cut mower and a finish cut mower? My son just bought a 2.5 acre piece of property and needs to mow it probably several times a year. Some will be pasture for two horses and a small portion will be yard. He is looking for the Swisher type mowers to pull behind his atv. Yes there are several manufactures and he is just beginning to look into it.

The grass/growth is a foot tall and thick now but no saplings to mow over, just thick grass. I do not think that he is concerned with a golf course finish. Rough cut versus finish cut pull behind mower??? What's the difference?

Thanks, Whitetailer

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !

ucfireman

Id just get a zero turn and cut high in the pasture and lower for the yard. He would save a ton of time not having to make the wide turns with the atv. A decent mower will run 4000 ne and last a LONG time.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Id just get a zero turn and cut high in the pasture and lower for the yard. He would save a ton of time not having to make the wide turns with the atv. A decent mower will run 4000 ne and last a LONG time.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

rjcruiser

I had a 60" swisher finish cut and it was a really nice mower for my 7+ acre field. I pulled it behind my 42" mower to give myself a 9ft cutting path. Ended up selling it when I got my tractor and finish mower, but kinda wish I had kept it. Was a good mower and worked very well. You can buy spare belts on ebay for much cheaper and they lasted a fair amount as well...just keep the tension proper on them.

transfixer

As long as the area he's cutting isn't filled with rocks or small trees then a zero turn set on high will work fine, I have a Swisher rough cut mower that I pull behind my atv, its basically a small bush hog with its own motor, the blades are thick and heavy and swing out just like bush hog blades, doesn't cut all that smooth, but will mow down saplings up to 1 1/2 , maybe even a little bigger, goes through tall grass and briars like its nothing,