Increased Water Pressure

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Not a real plumber, just a home repair guy. The Bibb on the front of the house is unregulated and bypasses the reducing valve so need to check the Bibb in the rear.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Not a real plumber, just a home repair guy. The Bibb on the front of the house is unregulated and bypasses the reducing valve so need to check the Bibb in the rear.

It shouldn't be. ALL plumbing in the house should have the pressure reduced. When I built my house I had my plumber T off the water main before going in the house and run a main to a hydrant at my kennels. If I leave a water hose on it bursts. Don't know what the pressure is but it would wear out any plumbing in the house

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
It shouldn't be. ALL plumbing in the house should have the pressure reduced. When I built my house I had my plumber T off the water main before going in the house and run a main to a hydrant at my kennels. If I leave a water hose on it bursts. Don't know what the pressure is but it would wear out any plumbing in the house

As long as I can remember(started with dad in 1974) the front bibb has been in front of the PRV.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Also, if you find that you do have a PRV, you can adjust them with a wrench.

Killdee

I have not seen one that didn’t bypass for the front Bibb. The photo posted above is typical front Bibb bypass.

Yes they have an adjustment that is set for 55 at the factory. When they climb above the factory settings they are typically malfunctioning as wont adjust back down.

FootLongDawg

I had a plumber out. My PR unit is just on the outside of my house because I am on a slab and my piping runs in the concrete. He is going to replace the unit and the adjacent shut off deal. Going to take some digging.

watermedic

If the PRV is just behind the meter there is no way to have anything bypassing it.

Usually a meter is installed in the meter box with a simple check valve. On the customer side of the meter box is a cutoff valve and then the PRV.

In the "asphalt jungle" things may be different but for the last 20+ years that how it has been done around my area.