Will Varner Lock You In?

Hi All,

Trying to find a place to fish after work during the week. I was just wondering if I was to pay and go to varner after work, do they enforce closing time and lock/ticket those who remain? I know they do for Bear Creek, wasn't sure about varner.

Thanks,

Ben

Backlasher82

Varner will lock you up. I had heard they will tow also.

We ran the batteries down and had to paddle back, it was dark and after closing time when we made it to the ramp. The guy waiting told us he was getting ready to call the tow truck when he heard our paddle hitting the side of the boat.

We were very lucky he heard us and gave us a break, I doubt we would have been able to get the truck and trailer out of impound that night.

We ran the batteries down and had to paddle back, it was dark and after closing time when we made it to the ramp. The guy waiting told us he was getting ready to call the tow truck when he heard our paddle hitting the side of the boat.

We were very lucky he heard us and gave us a break, I doubt we would have been able to get the truck and trailer out of impound that night.

Thanks for the info, looks like y'all definitely saved me a few $$.

I know at the moment the park closes relatively early, but noticed in the summer months it is open till 9 pm. In those months do you still have to be off the water by 6pm as is posted right now, or can you stay till 9?