Shaking after shot

MikeyD6

Deleted
Oh yeah, its a huge adrenaline rush before I shoot, then I shake as it wears off. The rush is a big reason why I hunt.

bany

Yes! Best ever was when my son got his first off my shoulder! He shook so bad when he looked through the scope at it. I calmed him down and he dropped it like a bad habit! Then we both shook!

Doolydawg03

I shot a buck last Tuesday and i tried calling my buddy right away and couldn't even hold still to hit the call button and almost dropped my phone out of the stand a few times lol i finally made the call and it took 10 min after the call before i could attempt to try to lower my climber down to go have a look at him and of course i thanked the lord for the harvest of such a beautiful animal. I hope i get this feeling every time i kill something or i would have to stop hunting. There is no other feeling like it!!!

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am 50 years old, and have killed a pile of deer over the years. I've seen probably thousands of them in the woods. If I ever get so that the adrenalin doesn't kick in when I see even a yearling doe while I'm hunting, I'll quit.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I shot at buck last Tuesday and i tried calling my buddy right away and couldn't even hold still to hit the call button and almost dropped my phone out of the stand a few times

That's one of the reasons I sit still in the stand for a while after I kill one. You can't maintain until after you have regrouped.:bounce:

ssmith

No problem before the shot

I had doe fever one time bow hunting for the first time. Could not pull bow back. Gave myself a stern lecture, called myself many names and was able later that day to shoot my first doe with a bow. That was 31 yrs ago. Now at age 76 no shaking before the shot but plenty afterwards

T-N-T

I'm stone cold. I used to shake and act a fool.
Now I have suppressed it to the point that I don't do anything but pick up the gun and shoot.

Now, if I am sitting with someone else who is shooting, I look like a leaf in a hurricane.
If I shoot with the bow, same thing.

Rifle? I simple squeeze the trigger and watch the aftermath.

I do however enjoy the drag more than anything. As I know in those moments I am earning my meal. I love the work after the shot

Twiggbuster

I shot a good 140 buck this weekend that was chasing and the tripod with doghouse blind on top was shaking when I finally thought I could stand up to get down.
I’m 58 and felt like I did hunting with Daddy in early 70’s
Hope I never loose it
Truly blessed to have such a perfect hunt

1gr8bldr

If I'm somewhat in a bind, been waiting for him to turn his head, then I will get the shakes even on a doe. But if I'm comfortable, relaxed, I don't get them. So.... I try to stay seated if at all possible

Highintheshoulder

If you don't give it up. It's what it is all about.