Mower blades?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Anyone ever used Stens blades? Or any other brands for ZTR 3 blade mower?

Just put new Oregon's on and started looking for another set to have as a back up and Stens came up on my search

GoldDot40

You looking for high lift type blades? Or more of a mulching blade?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Been using a low lift, thinking about going back to high.
Used a mulching once but didn't like it

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Bump for Monday morning answers

Robert28

A lot of the guys that mow for a living use the G6 Gator blades. I put them on my John Deere 915B after I dulled the factory blades and it makes a huge difference. They're cheaper than factory blades and I'm noticing they not only give a smoother cut, but they last longer.

GoldDot40

I forgot about this thread. The best cutting, longest lasting blades I ever used on my 54" ZTR, were generic brand from my local lawnmower/hardware store. The store burned and during the time they were rebuilding, I bought a set of Gator blades elsewhere. I can honestly say the Gators lasted about 1/3 the service life I got out of those generic blades.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Remember what number gator they were?? I saw G3, 5 and 6 after seeing what R28 posted. Looks like G6 are the top of the gator line. Claim they last longer, cut wet grass better too

GoldDot40

I bought the 5's. At the time, I was cutting 2 acres. Those blades lasted about 2 1/2 months...which was about the same as the factory blades. The generic blades from the lawn mower shop lasted an entire cutting season.

Good thing is that I sold that home. My new place only has 1/2 acre of grass. Takes me 15 minutes now.:bounce:

Robert28

I cut in some pretty rough conditions. My yard has a lot of sand in it, plus I have a lot of trees, so that means I'm mulching leaves constantly. The factory blades seemed to dull faster and you could only sharpen them once before chucking them. I get a full season out of G6 gator blades and they mulch great, plus they give a smooth cut. Mower blades are funny in that you have to play around with different types to see what works best in your yard and grass type. I won't use anything else but the G6's because they give me the results I'm after, but on other yards they might not be the best choice.

Knotmuch

Duramatic Products in Glennville, Ga manufactures most of the "no-name" brand blades as well as many OEM blades. They are sold through Rotary Corp. which is the world's largest aftermarket outdoor power equipment distributor. More than likely if you go to your local "lawnmower shop" and buy blades they were made by Duramatic.

poohbear

I work on mowers for a livin and I buy Stens blades I have had good feedback on them they seem to be made of good quality steel have seen no problems.