Bird Dog Names

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I once had an English Setter named Rhrett (Rhett Buttler). What a hunter he was. Before I got married she told me that eather the dog goes or she goes. Biggest mistake of my life I kept her.

aaronward9

I have 3 bird dogs (GSP's) 2 male one female all named after differment makers of guns i have....

males
"Remmy" for Remingon
"Ruger" for Ruger

"Neli" for Beneli

I duck hunted this week with dogs named Remi (Remington), Neli(Benelli), and Browning. love this idea!

Texas Bill

Best hound I ever had was named Bear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pretty Boy Floyd~~~~~~~~~~~>

My best Beagle hound is Registered, as "Daddy Rabbit's Pretty Boy Floyd" I call him Floyd and he knows his name as well! His Sir was called "Radar" and his litter mate was "Lumbar"

I once had a real good rabbit hound, called him"Exlax" he could run the **** out of an old rabbit!
D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Mako22

BANNED
I once named an old yard dog "Joe Budd" after a WMA down in Florida where I found him abandoned as a puppy.

P

potsticker

My chocolate lab was named before i got her, shyloh.She will answer also to dummy, idiot,deft dog, comeer, stupid and shoe eater!

KDarsey

Daddy used to always name 'em after whoever he got'em from...
Bought him from Fred, he was named Fred........

jrpace25

I got a lab mix from the pound and although I never used him as a bird dog, he was probably one of the best dogs that I have ever owned. We named him CuJo. You should have seen the looks we got when we told people his name. The vet's office was probably the worst. Whenever we went in, there seemed to someone new and they couldn't understand why we would name our dog that. We then informed them that he wasn't named after the St. Bernard, but after a hockey player!

deersled

being from the south........."Rebel"

male pointers.....JAKE best one i have. MAX is another.a friend use to to have one named CHAMP. female pointers....CALLIE,CANDY also have a brittney named DIXIE.keep it short and sweet.

DukTruk

The dogs I have now are:

Hoss, Coach, Tuck, Heisman

Some others are:

Duck
Gus
Jet
Zoom
Gator
Goose
Bourbon
Whiskey
Beer
Festus
Duke
Echo
Hammer
Keg
Lucky
Mack
Magic
Max
Petey
Rowdy
Howdy
Sam
Smooth
Sonny
Splash
Tank
Thunder
Tuff
Tug
Turk

birddog1

I like kate or jack.I have heard how old timmers used to name the dog after the people they got them from.Keep it short and you will be ok.

GA1dad

My male is named "Berettas True North Murdock". He answers to "Doc"

I put a lot of thought in his name. I compare him to a compass. We use a compass to point us to a destination. Doc points my Beretta in the right direction,,,,,,,most of the time:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Murdock point'n.jpg
    Murdock point'n.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 2,897
R

redneckcamo

Im with the easy quickly shouted name for out in the field...like ROY ... JED...ZEEK ... BUCK ... RHETT ... STAG ... just a few ;)