Supplemental feeders

Doolydawg03

I hope you and Doolydawg keep them on your property then. Lol they can ruin some good food plots. I have not had the first hog get into any of my trough feeders and Doolydawg is the one that built them for me.

No i hope they go far away from us all and die from consumption of to much corn that someone else is feeding them lol not really but seriously i hate them pesky jokers and they can turn a plot over in a couple hrs.

catch22

we have a hog problem too. Troughs at 33" will keep hogs away. I just built one ahd had $60 buck in it.

Triple C

Have 2 Banks feeders out for 3 years. Set em at 39" any you're golden. Add a critter guard to the 4x4 and nothing will get to em except deer. Hogs will push on the feed ports and loosen them up. We solved that by removing the wing bolts that attach the ports to the feeder and inserted wood long wood screws thru side of ports into body of feeder.

ScottA

Have 2 Banks feeders out for 3 years. Set em at 39" any you're golden. Add a critter guard to the 4x4 and nothing will get to em except deer. Hogs will push on the feed ports and loosen them up. We solved that by removing the wing bolts that attach the ports to the feeder and inserted wood long wood screws thru side of ports into body of feeder.

I put out my first Banks 300# feeder over a month ago and the deer haven't touched it yet. When I filled the feeder I started with about 75# of corn to get them eating out of the tubes and then topped off the feeder with a pellet feed. I spread corn around the area. I have pictures of deer eating to corn off the ground, but they never touch the corn in the feeder tubes. Is there anything I can do to get the deer to start using the feed tubes of the Banks feeder?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I put out my first Banks 300# feeder over a month ago and the deer haven't touched it yet. When I filled the feeder I started with about 75# of corn to get them eating out of the tubes and then topped off the feeder with a pellet feed. I spread corn around the area. I have pictures of deer eating to corn off the ground, but they never touch the corn in the feeder tubes. Is there anything I can do to get the deer to start using the feed tubes of the Banks feeder?

Add stabilized rice bran to the feed. Crack for deer.

Last edited:

deerbuster

I have heard of several people adding rice bran, does it have any benefits or is it more of an attractant?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I have heard of several people adding rice bran, does it have any benefits or is it more of an attractant?

It has 15-20% fat content,But is a great attractant to get the deer using a feeder.
I have found once the deer find the feeder you can stop using the rice bran and mix in protein and or corn,depending on the time of year.