Grandson's topwater bass this morning. w/pics

Scout'nStripers

My grandson flew into town for a little summer stay with us. It didn't take long and he was bringing in his first Lanier bass of 2017. All on the popper this morning. We just need to find him a couple nice stripers now.

Attachments

• IMAG1781.jpg
    IMAG1781.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 914
  • IMAG1776.jpg
    IMAG1776.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 910
  • IMAG1769.jpg
    IMAG1769.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 913

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The smile says it all. Congrats to the boy and the grandpa.

What did the bass weigh ?

Scout'nStripers

The smile says it all. Congrats to the boy and the grandpa.

What did the bass weigh ?
Thanks Milkman. Those were some thick bass. I figure we had between 9-10lbs total with those 3. They were all stout 3lb+ fish. Two of the 3 inhaled the popper head first and gave us quite the acrobatic show. Ayden did good with all the jumping and head shaking.

61BelAir

Awesome. Looks like he had a fun day! Hopefully ya'll can get out there some more before he has to go back.

Worley

Fish

Jim that is awesome buddy, that fella hanging on to some toads...And I bet pops will have a few Stripers hooked up for em in short order...Fun times for sure, and lifelong memories, keep at it buddy.

Scout'nStripers

Beauts! Bet that was fun. That boy has fishing DNA! Way to go.
Thanks Jocko. It didn't take him long to get back into the swing of things here.

Awesome. Looks like he had a fun day! Hopefully ya'll can get out there some more before he has to go back.
Thanks BelAir. He'll be here for the next 8 days so between swimming and his Ipad we'll definitely be hitting the water more.

Jim that is awesome buddy, that fella hanging on to some toads...And I bet pops will have a few Stripers hooked up for em in short order...Fun times for sure, and lifelong memories, keep at it buddy.
Thanks Worley, we were actually on our way to find some stripers when we diverted for a couple quick topwater bass. We decided to leave the stripers alone and warm up on a few big bass. We're headed out this morning in a bit with grandma to try and locate some stripers. I shined up a bunch of spoons yesterday.

It's kinda interesting having Ayden here. I'm getting older and when he's fishing with me it brings back a lot of old memories of his dad fishing with me when he was Ayden's age. I can also remember 10 years ago when we were saying that it won't be too long and he'll be able to come visit Grandma and Grandpa for summer vacation. Man, time flies...

That's good stuff right there
Thanks Shawn!

Last edited:

Scout'nStripers

He got a couple more on a 2 hour run today. Top fish on the emerald popper and the bottom one was caught on a custom 7 inch Magic Swimmer.

Attachments

• IMAG1791_1.jpg
    IMAG1791_1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMAG1790.jpg
    IMAG1790.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 379

Worley

Fish

Those are some daggum great fish ...Tell the young man that we are jacked up about seeing the fish he's been catching with pops...And with pops lures makes it even a little more special, well done bud.

Scout'nStripers

Thanks guys, we've got the bass figured out so hopefully we're going to find some stripers very soon.

Cletus T.

Downright Awesome!!!

He’s got a good guide for sure!

Scout'nStripers

Downright Awesome!!!

He’s got a good guide for sure!
Thanks Cletus. I told him the story of Cletus and the Whopper Plopper when we pulled up to that hump you and I fished. He threw the little bone popper for a while but no joy. It's pretty cool to watch him fight those fish though. Some of those spots would make a hard run and pull some drag and he would be grunting and groaning. Hilarious.

Latest posts