Three Dollars and Time well Spent

olcaptain

Three Dollars and Time well Spent

I am a simple man and I require very little to be content. I was on a mission yesterday afternoon but first I needed to locate three dollars cash. Not wanting to use a Debit card for Red Wigglers I scrounged around two vehicles and various and sundry other places and finally came up with my grub stake. I then headed up the road, purchased some worms and spent a bit of time catching a few Bream and Shad for bait.

Due to my current Facebook addiction Max and I were unable to leave the dock until 6:00AM this morning. But soon we were around the bend and I had three lines out. I had had some action out from a big sign in the past and as were floated that area my left rod went down and the large hulk of a canoe quickly turned to starboard!

ySncjn8.jpg

As I took the photo with my right hand while holding the rod with my left I realized that it was only 6:20! Wow! That was fast! I netted the fish, bagged it and began drifting once again. An hour went by and no more action. Two hours passed without another nibble. Max began to get warm and finally went below deck.

Bh8wYB4.jpg

gUWefFi.jpg

AOPbSoI.jpg

I read a bit and captured a few pretty good photos and reflected on my life as I often do at times like this.

4tSpvGI.jpg

H6fiptv.jpg

tARKHs0.jpg

4wGEwTS.jpg

By 9:15 both Max and I were getting warm and restless so we paddled back up our beloved Crooked Creek and made our way home. As I prepared the fillets for the freezer and remembered the sunrise and scenes of the morning I was pleased. $3 and about four hours had been deducted from my life’s account but for my money it was Three Dollars and Time well Spent.

KuYvKdc.jpg

0YSBAwz.jpg

LECDQxr.jpg

uz3beHU.jpg

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
olcaptain, I always enjoy your post. Your type of fishing always reminds me of my Dad. On the rare occasion we fished out of a boat it was always paddled powered. Love the dog too, would love to fish with you one time.

Worley

Capn

Time well spent for you, and me reading the post as well...Funny how sometimes me miss the simple things in life...Keep reeling and writing my friend I enjoy every episode ...God bless pal!

Cmp1

BANNED
As usual great post Cap'n and beautiful pic's,,,, I too would love to fish with you and Max,,,,

Bream Pole

Again a post well worth the time to read and free!!! Didn't have to try to scrounge up some money as I often do for bait as you did.

Chris 195 7/8 B&C

Always enjoy reading your posts and the pictures.
Specifically, that picture of the Sun's rays coming through the clouds. I can't imagine a better setting for reading about King David.

olcaptain

Always enjoy reading your posts and the pictures.
Specifically, that picture of the Sun's rays coming through the clouds. I can't imagine a better setting for reading about King David.

Kind words. Can't be beat in my opinion.