Ditch Fishing

Lanier Jim

For those that read the GON magazine article - here's my post from today on our facebooks pages.

Out with EddieandSandi Cole this morning for some ditch fishing. Eddie went out with me last year to learn the ditch bite....today, we tied up again and I think Eddie will chime in here....Holy Cow! After commenting on all the KastKing.com rods on the boat - ended up only needing 2-3 of them.

We left the ramp around 8:30am.....made a run to look at an area and ran in to Sean Wood there. We didn't fish - just looked around. ...headed back to my original starting ditch but made a short stop at one other place to look around. Decided to go look around again in my original starting ditch....we idled around looking....bait everywhere....and finally found the school.....and folks, this was a mega school.

For two hours - we fished a 50 yd area up and down a deep flat next to a ledge. The Damiki with a cut down FZNH2O 3.5" swimmer and Lanier Baits 1/2 oz spoon smoked them! This was a mega school (as I call it) of nothing but big girls. The Damiki did most of the damage but when that bite slowed - I would fire the school right back up with the spoon.

Eddie and I exchanged blows....and when it was time to go - we had put 40+ fish in the boat. Eddie was shocked!
1f642.png
He said, "We got on them last winter but nothing like this". Eddie and I caught one 14" fish...the rest were 2.5# - 4# plus.

The key was finding them on the bottom....and when I say I found them - I mean, I found them. It took idling around looking....seeing the bait....then seeing the holes in the bait. When we got on the front deck - the 2D and Mega Live were lighting up. I followed the fish with the Mega Live....we'd either pitch to them or just drop vertically on them.

Unreal....Eddie and I got a serious workout on the Damiki and spoon today. Great morning Eddie - always a fun time and when you catch'em like we did - it's not cold
1f642.png
Lets do it again soon. LJ

Attachments

• 110169.jpeg
    110169.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 110170.jpeg
    110170.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 41
  • KIMG3683.JPG
    KIMG3683.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 39
  • KIMG3684.JPG
    KIMG3684.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 41
  • KIMG3686.JPG
    KIMG3686.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 49
  • KIMG3687.JPG
    KIMG3687.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 54
  • KIMG3688.JPG
    KIMG3688.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 55
  • KIMG3692.JPG
    KIMG3692.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 50
  • KIMG3693.JPG
    KIMG3693.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 44

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Alright, you convinced me. I'm gonna have to try this Damiki rig.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m convinced I need to find some ditches!