Fish storage basket

Josh B

I’ve been wanting to make something to hang off my dock to store fish in for years. I cut my dogs kennel up and wrapped it with wire. Last week I caught a mess of fish and put them in one of the baskets from the store. Some how they were able to make a hole in it and I lost all my fish. I’m going to put wire on the top and bottom and a big pool noodle around the top to float it. So now after a late night fishing I can keep them until I feel like cleaning them. Probably keep bait as long as I want.
IMG_7065.jpegIMG_7064.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep , that will work great . Years ago I use to camp on the Ocmulgee and run trot lines for catfish . Always used something similar

flconch53

My storage container is a 5 gallon bucket with a pool noodle zip tied to the ring around the top. Drill a bunch of 3/8 holes to let in fresh water. I also put a 5 lb weight in the bottom to keep it upright. Lastly zip tie the lid to the bucket with 1 hole in each to keep the lid from floating away. I have seen local fishing guides use the same method but with a garbage can if you want bigger. By the way beavers don't eat fish

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Dog crates have pretty big holes in the bottom panel. You might want to look for another similarly sized crate and trade out the bottom of that one for the top of another.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I sure hope the Dept of AG doesn't have a problem with how you house your pet fish. LOL