Lake Russell: grandson yearly giys trip, catfish, and thieves.

basshappy

BANNED
Awesome family pics!!!!

Too bad the dippoops put a mark on your outing.

In the future thoughts on removing the trailer wheels and storing them in truck out of sight so thieves would need to slap wheels on the axle to roll off with it?

ryork

Congrats to you for doing that trip, need more of that! Hate that we're getting overrun with worthless thieving low lifes and they happened to find you on a trip like that. We need a whole lot less of that!

turkeykirk

It’s a shame you can’t go fishing without having some low life stealing your stuff. Almost to the point you have to leave someone to guard your stuff at the boat ramp.

Arrow3

I drove by today and not a single truck at that ramp.

deermaster13

I drove by today and not a single truck at that ramp.
Usually not a lot of traffic. This year seems to be more crowded than years past. This is the second time we've stayed overnight and in years past plenty other nights. I've made my mind up I'm not letting some low life stop what me and my family enjoy. I'll just take more precautions. I found a trailer in Snellville but geez I've got to.get the nerve to go up there. Just being in that much traffic and folks plain make me jittery.

Arrow3

Usually not a lot of traffic. This year seems to be more crowded than years past. This is the second time we've stayed overnight and in years past plenty other nights. I've made my mind up I'm not letting some low life stop what me and my family enjoy. I'll just take more precautions. I found a trailer in Snellville but geez I've got to.get the nerve to go up there. Just being in that much traffic and folks plain make me jittery.
It's always been about my favorite ramp on Russell because of the lack of activity. I'm fixing to head back down that way again today. My rental cabin is only about 10 minutes from there. Gotta go cut grass. What kind of trailer was it? I'll keep my eyes open.

deermaster13

It's always been about my favorite ramp on Russell because of the lack of activity. I'm fixing to head back down that way again today. My rental cabin is only about 10 minutes from there. Gotta go cut grass. What kind of trailer was it? I'll keep my eyes open.
it was a Wesco. Black fenders, white plastic coated runners. The winch strap was tied on with a knot and the left rear tire was turned wrong so valve stem was on the back side. Thanks!.

Arrow3

I've been in the area several times in the last few days. I've been looking around.

That's 2 fine looking young men. And from the smiles on their faces it was a trip that they always will remember.
My 2 grown sons and my Grandsons take a 3 day fishing trip every year also. We just got back at the end of May from a trip we made to Blackshear GA (not lake Blackshear but we've been there too), where we rented a cabin and fished the 25acre cypress pond there. We caught lots of nice catfish.

coonhunter

What kind of trailer is it I live in Abbeville county across the lake I’ll keep my eyes open for somebody trying to sell one.