Lake Russell: grandson yearly giys trip, catfish, and thieves.

deermaster13

Took my grandson and nephew to Russell and ran noodles for our yearly guys trip. Had a blast. No cell phones no video games just boys being boys and enjoying the outdoors. Caught a mess of fish to top it off. To the low life that stole my pontoon trailer while at shuck Penn, I can't begin to even describe the thoughts I have of you. You just didn't steal from me but my whole family especially the 2 grandsons I have that now because of you papa can't take them to the lake or go fishing for awhile. Thankfully some really good people came to help and got our boat and camping supplies etc home. We got the fish cleaned and put up but thanks to you my family is left without something we worked hard for and enjoy when we get the chance. Trailer tongue was locked but no I didn't have lock on hitch so they took my tri ball with it. I know I should have had a lock on it as well but I didn't so shame on me for that. 50215.jpeg20230602_201203.jpg50215.jpeg20230602_221204.jpg20230603_173321.jpg

Attachments

• 20230603_130237.jpg
    20230603_130237.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 50191.jpeg
    50191.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 67

Big7

The Oracle
Took some nads to steal a boat trailer.
Probably sold it and smoked up the proceeds in meth.

Do these people not know what a Redneck walking up on his boat trailer being stolen would do to them? I'm almost livid just thinking about it.

Sorry for your loss.

There are some real SLIMEBAGS walking around breathing decent folks air.

I hope they jackknife that trailer and it comes through the back window and kills the scum.

Arrow3

Man thats crazy! I use that boat ramp often too. I've heard of a few busted windows over the years but never a boat trailer. I'm sorry that happened to yall.

Redbow

Its the same here with thieves they are everywhere and ready to take your hard earned items of pleasure and anything else they can get their hands on. No one hates a thief worse than I do. Going into the Croatan National Forest here is taking a risk when we fish the White Oak River the boat ramp is remote and thieves are always watching that area to steal anything that is left behind. They got my cousin a while back by breaking into his truck and taking everything that he left in there including his cell phone. They broke his side window on the drivers side of his truck to get in there. Why he left his cell phone in his truck is beyond me, he knows better than that.

Its going to get so that you will need an armed guard to protect you stuff just to see a little bit of pleasure while on the water. I am sorry over the loss of your boat trailer I suppose there is a not much of a chance you will ever see your trailer again.

MYRX

Not the first time its happened at Shuck Penn. I had friends at work that can back a found all the tires removed from their new bass boat trailer at the same ramp. I had the wheel bearing covers taken off a Bass Trailer at Shuck Penn several years ago.

Pretty sad. I hope you catch the low-life responsible.

specialk

Looks like yall had a good time either way....lot of life lessons learned on that trip....im sure next yrs trip will be a whole lot better!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great trip except for the waste of oxygen that stole your trailer. And don't ever blame yourself for the actions of a degenerate walking skidmark.

Redbow

Years ago while the Wife and I were on the water at night we put our boat in on the ICW at a place called Shell Rock Landing. When we got back to the ramp after fishing for a while and I went to get my truck and the trailer for loading our boat to go home, someone had tried to steal the bunks off our boat trailer. They did not succeed, from use in salt water the bolts were so rusty they could not remove them. I guess the thieves had just small hand tools, with a good socket and ratchet they could have rung the bolts off but I'm glad they couldn't remove them. They left the bunks turned over from their normal position on the trailer, that's how I knew someone tried to remove them.