Dale Jr. to retire....

Nitram4891

Flop Thief

riprap

Kyle Petty never had the calibur of equipment jr had. Jr got in that equipment because of his daddy but so do other drivers. It's who you know not what you know in NASCAR.

ngadeerhunter1969

but so do other drivers. .

Like Chase Elliott? facepalm: Why arent you hypocrites hating on him like you do Jr?

That is what is so comical about Jr haters whining that his daddy gave him everything. Most of them are Chase fans now. LOL! We ALL know Chase was handed it all on a silver platter. Too bad you haters havent done your research to realize that simply wasnt the case with Jr. Dale Sr didnt want to give him a shot and made him prove himself. If not for Eury Sr, Jr might still be changing oil at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.

You wanna say I dont know my history? Maybe you need to brush up on yours, at least when it comes to the Earnhardts anyway.

Why you people have a problem with a father helping his son get started is simply beyond me. To say he is still riding the coattails just shows how ignorant yall can be. Dale has been gone 16 years now. He had NOTHING to do with Jr leaving DEI, starting JRM or going to Hendrick.

Mr Warren

Banned
Hate it when people compare Dale Jr. to Mark Martin. Mark - imho - was always a whiner and complainer. He was always saying how badly he wanted a championship but he just didn't have what it took to win one. Too much of a goody two shoes - Mr.nice guy. That wins you friends but not championships. Just my opinion.

ngadeerhunter1969

cam88

His contract is up this year and with his concussion issues from the past couple of years it was time. Plus he got all the money in the world so why not get out. But NASCAR better do something to drawl interest in the sport with the leaving audience!!

Big7

The Oracle
To get to the fact of the matter:

Who cares?

riprap

Like Chase Elliott? facepalm: Why arent you hypocrites hating on him like you do Jr?

That is what is so comical about Jr haters whining that his daddy gave him everything. Most of them are Chase fans now. LOL! We ALL know Chase was handed it all on a silver platter. Too bad you haters havent done your research to realize that simply wasnt the case with Jr. Dale Sr didnt want to give him a shot and made him prove himself. If not for Eury Sr, Jr might still be changing oil at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet.

You wanna say I dont know my history? Maybe you need to brush up on yours, at least when it comes to the Earnhardts anyway.

Why you people have a problem with a father helping his son get started is simply beyond me. To say he is still riding the coattails just shows how ignorant yall can be. Dale has been gone 16 years now. He had NOTHING to do with Jr leaving DEI, starting JRM or going to Hendrick.

You are taking this hard. Maybe there is some Earnhardt group therapy you can go to. I do believe "other" drivers include chase Elliott. He is most definitely benefiting from his daddy. But this thread is about "Jr" not chase. I guess if you want to bash on him you can start a thread on that.

If I have a driver it's Kyle Busch. He got kicked out of Hendrick cause he didn't fit Rick's corporate image. Both Busch brothers have a ride on talent alone. They would be very easy to get rid of otherwise.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I can't believe the JR fans are still holding him up so high..

He had a good career. He has always had a silver spoon in his mouth and Daddy made sure he was taken care of in Nascar. Dale died, and there went Jr's dream. And then he became Nascar's puppet.

Greene728

Few folks in here are butthurt their last name isn't Earnhardt huh?

Browning Slayer

Few folks in here are butthurt their last name isn't Earnhardt huh?

Nope.. Being put on a pedestal and actually being a disappointment has not been easy for Jr..

Matthew6

Banned thug
I can't believe the JR fans are still holding him up so high..

He had a good career. He has always had a silver spoon in his mouth and Daddy made sure he was taken care of in Nascar. Dale died, and there went Jr's dream. And then he became Nascar's puppet.

well said

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
some junior fans have a tendency to bash all the other drivers fans. dont believe me? scroll up. the 24 car sure has been staying close to the front. just sayin

ngadeerhunter1969

some junior fans have a tendency to bash all the other drivers fans. dont believe me? scroll up. the 24 car sure has been staying close to the front. just sayin

I havent bashed anyone. :huh: I actually like Chase Elliott. Chase is humble and down to earth, just like Jr. Just wondering why people arent railing on him for riding Bills coattails and being born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Something that is very well known throughout the North Ga go kart racing community and now Nascar. I asked legit question but hypocrisy knows no bounds obviously.

If I was gonna continue to follow this farce of a sport, Chase is who I would root for. I dont have a problem with rooting for someone that their father played a role in getting them where they are though. Obviously, some here do. Its all good. Get back with me when Chase wins a race though. Until then, Im done with this silly thread, and Nascar in general for that matter. I will be around though, probably in the PF forum. You can PM when Chase wins. I will be patiently awaiting.

"just sayin"

Last edited:

Greene728

Nope.. Being put on a pedestal and actually being a disappointment has not been easy for Jr..

Why exactly do you think he was a disappointment? I'm curious?

For the record, I like Jr, but not a fanboy.

I was actually a Edwards fan.

PappyHoel

riprap

Looks like he retired early so he could do a home improvement show with his wifey. :rofl:

It's all making sense now. He's from NC and into decorating.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...hardt-jr-to-star-in-home-renovation-show.html
Just goes to show you how loyal Dale Sr's fanbase is. Any one of his kids could have a show and it would be a hit. Dale jr just doesn't seem like that interesting of a person to follow. Just watching 30 seconds of a press conference with him being interviewed is hard. People hang on his every word wondering if he's going to say something about his dad. How many times have you heard the question, "what would your dad think?"

Browning Slayer