Who shoots blackhorn 209?

coachT

CVA optima is on the way. Leaning towards the loose powder rather than pellets. Is this a good idea?

leoparddog

I like the BH209 and I prefer the loose powder. I've never had good luck with the pellets as far as accuracy goes.

goshenmountainman

Blackhorn powder is the best, period. I shoot it in my accura v2, sub 1-inch groups at 100 yds. with 90 grains and Hornady 240 grain XTP. Deadly combination!!

Last edited:

1gr8bldr

You get very little smoke on the shot. Nothing like the others

1gr8bldr

CVA optima is on the way. Leaning towards the loose powder rather than pellets. Is this a good idea?
I don't know if it is the BH209 or the Optima, but dang that gun kicks. Anybody know

coachT

Still waiting on CVA to send the bh209 breech plug. Shot the triple 7 pellets (100 gr) yesterday and the recoil was minimal. Lots of smoke and barrel needed cleaning every shot. Can't wait to run the bh209 through it.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I don't know if it is the BH209 or the Optima, but dang that gun kicks. Anybody know

make sure youre shooting by volume and not by weight. Meaning don't throw 150 grains by weight of BH209 down that tube cause itll rip the shoulder off:D

Steve08

I shoot bh209. Love it, so easy to clean my gun, and very accurate.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Same here, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to clean my gun.

ourway77

With the BH-209 and the ease of cleaning buy Rem 700 ultimate and forget that smokeless muzzle loader. Remington has hit a home run with the new Remington 700. Although still I like my Smokeless Muzzle Loader too

willie1971

A friend of mine swears by it. He used a drill press with a #32 bit on the breech plug. Uses 120 grains without issues.

coachT

After waiting for weeks, still no breech plug in the mail so I drove to Duluth and picked it up yesterday. Now I need the rain to stop. I'll put it on the bench as soon as weather permits.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
After waiting for weeks, still no breech plug in the mail so I drove to Duluth and picked it up yesterday. Now I need the rain to stop. I'll put it on the bench as soon as weather permits.

sweet. Also dont forget that you need to use regular primers, not those made for 777.