Talbot County

AbnormalEKG

Im down at Big Lazer Creek WMA now. Looks like maybe the rut is over with here, and there aint much moving. Was seeing all kinds of deer on the last hunt, but this time around, the woods are a little too quiet.....yotes aint even howling at night.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Went hunting Sat p.m. Saw 3 bucks walk out together into a food plot,4 pt, 6pt, and 8 pt, another 8 pt came out limping due to some type of injury

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I think the 2nd rut has come and gone, couple members were down hunting over the weekend, saw does without any bucks and saw small 1 1/2 and 2 yr. old bucks together too. No evidence of the rut going on anymore.

GaBuckSlammer

Thinkin about heading down this weekend to do a little inventory and camera surveying. Hope to find they all still hanging out where I left them.

SouthPaw Draw

Thinkin about heading down this weekend to do a little inventory and camera surveying. Hope to find they all still hanging out where I left them.

Hope they are still there, I had 2 grow legs and walk off......
Going down Thursday for an all day hunt to hopefully finish filling the freezer.

GaBuckSlammer

Anybody been in the woods lately?

Went this weekend and braved the rains. Saturday am i sat watchin a food plot and a feeder and saw 5 deer total. I had no intentions of killing any more this year and didn't have a weapon with me. The best part was that I finally laid eyes on a nice 4 1/2 yr old buck we had only gotten pics of. He was trailing a doe and walked within 30 yds of me. Shame I was tagged out on bucks already.

Saw 4 yesterday morning as well in another area.

Checked trail cams to start doing inventory of survivors. Looks good so far. Does are herded up and bucks have grouped back up as well.

ehunt

We'll I'll probably get grilled for this but last evening in Shiloh had a crippled 3pt come in I heard him coming along way off. Front driver side leg was bad hurt every time he " hobbled" along his tail would flicker wildly! I took it as he was in bad pain. Guys this deer would've Been eatin alive by yotes and died a slow painfull death so I shot him.took him to the cooler and we looked over the deer and decided that deer also had spine damage and infection so I didn't process deer. So I took deer back to land and put a trail cam over him till next week. I broke the the law but made the right decision in my opinion. I also tagged the deer to try to make it as right as possible. Please tell me what you would've done.

SouthPaw Draw

I wouldn't have said a darn thing. But, i would have done the came thing:)

Same here, you made the right decision. Wouldn't have been long for the yotes got him.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Saw a total of 20 deer this weekend. None during daylight and 2 bunches of does(14 total) and 2 bunches of bucks(6 total).They are night owls right now.

SouthPaw Draw

Pulled all my cameras this past weekend and 90 % of my pics or night time also, did see 2 spikes Sat. evening and ran off 3 deer from my feeder going in after daylight Sat. morning.

SouthPaw Draw

Giving it one more try, in the stand now. Staying for the weekend hopefully the forecast for rain will be light, but am going to give it a try, lookin for a couple more does to put in the freezer. Good luck to those who go.

fish hawk

Bass Master
We'll I'll probably get grilled for this but last evening in Shiloh had a crippled 3pt come in I heard him coming along way off. Front driver side leg was bad hurt every time he " hobbled" along his tail would flicker wildly! I took it as he was in bad pain. Guys this deer would've Been eatin alive by yotes and died a slow painfull death so I shot him.took him to the cooler and we looked over the deer and decided that deer also had spine damage and infection so I didn't process deer. So I took deer back to land and put a trail cam over him till next week. I broke the the law but made the right decision in my opinion. I also tagged the deer to try to make it as right as possible. Please tell me what you would've done.
Cant say what I would have done or if you done the right thing or what part of Shiloh you hunt but I do know the man with the green truck lives right down the road from Shiloh and I cant say for sure what he would have done but it probably wouldn't have involved a warning.

BIGABOW

Just enjoyed this thread fellas. I miss Talbot, Heck I miss Huntin' period.
I am at a crossroads and cant decide wether to call it good come Sept or hang in here till the end. I've been seein' the world 3 weeks at a time every 3 months or so but I sure miss the Ga woods.

brunofishing

Ill be out there this weekend cutting grass and swimming in juniper creek, BOY do we have some WMA land around us now!! Some of that WMA borders our land, does it boarder any of Y'all??

Ill be out there this weekend cutting grass and swimming in juniper creek, BOY do we have some WMA land around us now!! Some of that WMA borders our land, does it boarder any of Y'all??
I don't believe so. Is Big Lazer bordering your Hunting Club? Big Lazer is a little ways from us I believe. We are about 15 mins from the square in Talbotton.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Just enjoyed this thread fellas. I miss Talbot, Heck I miss Huntin' period.
I am at a crossroads and cant decide wether to call it good come Sept or hang in here till the end. I've been seein' the world 3 weeks at a time every 3 months or so but I sure miss the Ga woods.
Hang in there BIG. You will make the right decision. Money is a great motivator, but dead can't spend it. Take care and thanks for what you do.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

I'm east of Woodland on 36.