With my New York brim and my gold tooth displayed......

Dub

.....nobody give me trouble 'cause they know I got it made.......

Not a care in the world today.

My Pirates finally won another game yesterday and I have the day off tomorrow so I can really enjoy the Falcons game tonight.

A hongry family to cook for and some ZZ Top on the speakers.

Indoor & outdoor cooking today. Bigtime fun. :banana:

I have the pleasure of a long weekend and I asked my son if there was anything in particular he wanted me to cook at some point. He replied right away that he wanted another batch of double-decker tacos.

Easily done. Especially easy as I shopped two different stores yesterday and found some killer sales on stuff.

Meat Church's Fajita rub was used on the leftover grilled thighs from yesterday and on the skirt steak.

Usual suspects lined up for this Tex-Mex meal.

First order of bidness was to mix up a proper batch of guacamole.

Son also requested some street corn.....happy to oblige. I love grilled corn. Tossed on some poblano peppers, too....in case anyone wanted some with some queso.

Fired up the Weber kettle.....

They ate and saved me a single ear of corn....and I had to get indignant to salvage that lone ear. :)

Did up some lean ground with onions, chilis and jalapeños & seasoning.

Steak went on last......

It was just right for these double-decker tacos.

Guac, queso (not in pics) and this salsa (excellent flavor) went on table for appetizers as I rang the dinna bell.

Tacos had a layer of beans & cheese between the hard & soft shells.....then another bit of cheese, ground mixture, chicken, queso and steak.

They added the steak and Monterey blend cheese after the pics were taken....

I was able to snag a taco to go with my corn for a tasty halftime meal during the Falcon's game.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:clap:

Needs bigger pics, though.....::ke: :D

ambush80

I love double decker tacos; chewy on the outside, crunchy on the inside. Those look great.

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Wow Dub. Got in from the camp after lunch and Mz. R has a bad case of the crud. Fixed her some mater soup and a grilt cheese sammich. Not sure what will transpire around here this afternoon. You have given me some great ideas to work with. Although it may just be eating. Caught a mess of small bass in one of the lakes at the camp, could go for some fish tacos.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Great Merciful Heavens.....

Dub

Need to invite some GON buds too.. :bounce:

Look goot' Dub. :cheers:

GO FALCONS!

Yessir......I want to see the Falcons show up in Foxboro tonight and STAY for all 4 quarters.

Take the air outa the Patriots balls. Deflate them.

I'm pulling for my Pirate homeboy, Justin Hardy, to do something bigtime and help Julio Jones out some.

I love double decker tacos; chewy on the outside, crunchy on the inside. Those look great.

The crunch was audible as I was watching them meal down on the grub. Is a mighty easy meal to make and mucho gratifying.

Outta da Park!

Thanks, bro.

I am mighty grateful to have my son under roof on occasion to cook for. If it wasn't for him my wife and I would be swole up like cattle about to be taken to slaughter. :p

Wow Dub. Got in from the camp after lunch and Mz. R has a bad case of the crud. Fixed her some mater soup and a grilt cheese sammich. Not sure what will transpire around here this afternoon. You have given me some great ideas to work with. Although it may just be eating. Caught a mess of small bass in one of the lakes at the camp, could go for some fish tacos.

Sorry to hear she's feeling poorly.

Not the situation you wanted to come home to.

Hope she can up her intake of Flinstone's vitamins and enjoy some of your excellent grub and get to feeling better pronto.

The weather turned bad for you today in the woods, I'm guessing.

Anyone knock one down ?

Great Merciful Heavens.....

:rofl:

Hey, bud....this cook was done with zero fear because I had an ample amount of your championship chili in the fridge just in case I failed on this cook. :biggrin2:

Looks good Dub I could eat a couple of them myself.

Thank you.

I'm hoping that one will hit the spot as that's exactly the quantity remaining.

Looking forward to my gametime eats.

Lord knows I'm hoping the Falcons stay for the entire game. :flag:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Alive!!!!!!!!! That is some awesome eats right there!!!!!!!! :clap:

georgia_home

Look in good dub.

naildrvr

Man Dub , you knocked it out today. That's some sho' nuff good looking eats. I know everyone had to be well pleased with a meal like that.

Dub

Man Dub , you knocked it out today. That's some sho' nuff good looking eats. I know everyone had to be well pleased with a meal like that.

Thanks, man.

It was mighty gratifying to see them enjoy everything so much.

I'm learning to incorporate leftovers into meals.

I learned on this meal that flank steak tumps skirt steak all day, any day !!! :banginghe

chobrown

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wooooooo Boy. That looks good.

Attachments

• 9222017215115.jpg
    9222017215115.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 470

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
On my way over. That looks awesome.