Mossy Oaks mini web series Seek-One (Hunt NOT for Charlie)

transfixer

^^^^^^^^^^

What he said above !

Personally I hope they don't continue the series, unless they are going to put forth a better image of hunters than what they have so far, and someone mentioned earlier about them not saying anything about reducing the population in the areas they hunt, besides bring it up at the town hall meeting, I'm sure when they went to the homeowners house that was complaining about deer eating their landscaping, the way they got permission to hunt was on the premise of getting rid of the deer that was doing the damage, but yet they only wanted to shoot the trophy buck? The quartering shot he took on that buck that got away still bothers me, a rookie shot that should never have been taken. Which ended up with him standing in someone's front yard trying to finish the deer off,,, not a good portrayal of hunters.

Dustin

I could get past all the shenanigans in the videos, as someone eluded to earlier, its a different sense of reality what these guys think is hunting.

My biggest complaint is the episode where they went to the town hall meeting and stated that 'hunters' like them were needed to control the overpopulation, yet their showed many opportunities to thin the herd and take mature does, which they did not. Clearly it was not their intention.

that contradiction makes me dislike their approach

Thinning the herd means to take deer when it's needed, shooting a deer anytime you have an opportunity to kill one is not thinning the herd, it's destroying it.

None of the deer are unhealthy.... obviously, so the herd is healthy no thinning needed, maintain the herd where it is pretty simple really.

Besides all of that logic tho, the point of the show is for the bucks, nobody watches a show about doe hunting.

Hopefully it has ended for good. Awful representation of hunting.

So is bragging about gut shooting a deer....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thinning the herd means to take deer when it's needed, shooting a deer anytime you have an opportunity to kill one is not thinning the herd, it's destroying it.

None of the deer are unhealthy.... obviously, so the herd is healthy no thinning needed, maintain the herd where it is pretty simple really.

Besides all of that logic tho, the point of the show is for the bucks, nobody watches a show about doe hunting.

So is bragging about gut shooting a deer....

I would much rather watch a show about doe hunting myself, or possum or frog hunting, or anything else as to watch a show about some self-styled "pro-hunter" narcissists "hunting" tame deer in somebody's yard.

Dustin

I would much rather watch a show about doe hunting myself, or possum or frog hunting, or anything else as to watch a show about some self-styled "pro-hunter" narcissists "hunting" tame deer in somebody's yard.

99% of people wouldn't, I meant generally speaking.

Just like everyone that would see those same deer in GON and talk about how good the deer are, how good of a hunter he is for taking so many big deer, etc. but when they see the hunt itself they talk bad about it.

I wonder how many people on here would put a video of there biggest deer up against those videos, and show the location in the video (the areas they were hunting could have easily been made to look like the middle of the woods, or at very least a much larger farm with some fancy camera work) as well as an aerial photo, etc. to make sure they weren't hunting too close to houses or anything like that, that anyone would disapprove of. :rolleyes:

BlackEagle

Banned
99% of people wouldn't, I meant generally speaking.

Just like everyone that would see those same deer in GON and talk about how good the deer are, how good of a hunter he is for taking so many big deer, etc. but when they see the hunt itself they talk bad about it.

I wonder how many people on here would put a video of there biggest deer up against those videos, and show the location in the video (the areas they were hunting could have easily been made to look like the middle of the woods, or at very least a much larger farm with some fancy camera work) as well as an aerial photo, etc. to make sure they weren't hunting too close to houses or anything like that, that anyone would disapprove of. :rolleyes:

You're the minority here. facepalm:

Tmpr111

They didn't actually show the locations of their videos - the locations looked like every other suburban neighborhood in the greater Atlanta area - I thought they did a good job with that part. But I have to say there is absolutely no way they could've fooled the viewer to think those deer were killed on a farm or in a rural area with a video ---- you did see how and where the first deer was taken right?

Again, it's their right to "shoot" deer like that, it's legal! Just as it's others right to voice their opinion about how they go about shooting those deer - and especially when its highlighted this way. I can respect your opinions on the matter, but you gotta respect the other side too bud.

Dustin

You're the minority here. facepalm:

So you're saying peoples opinion of these deer didn't change just because they saw how and where they were killed?

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=857874&highlight=lee+ellis

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=876044&highlight=drew+carroll

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=603376&highlight=

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=575936&highlight=

Look through those threads then look through this one and tell me that again.

It went from all "hoss" and "beast" to what you see now.

They didn't actually show the locations of their videos - the locations looked like every other suburban neighborhood in the greater Atlanta area - I thought they did a good job with that part. But I have to say there is absolutely no way they could've fooled the viewer to think those deer were killed on a farm or in a rural area with a video ---- you did see how and where the first deer was taken right?

Again, it's their right to "shoot" deer like that, it's legal! Just as it's others right to voice their opinion about how they go about shooting those deer - and especially when its highlighted this way. I can respect your opinions on the matter, but you gotta respect the other side too bud.

By showing location I was referring to showing the surroundings, how close to a building, house, etc.

That first deer could have easily been made to look way different, tilt that camera down just a little and the hay bale would have blocked the view of the driveway, which for the most part was the only noticeable thing, have the camera man throw in a "I can't get a clear shot" and boom, when you see a hunting show on tv and they're in texas sitting over a road full of corn, do you assume that road is out in the middle of no where? most people do.... reality is it could be 200 ft from a house in the backyard.

Drew

Video versus pictures

So you're saying peoples opinion of these deer didn't change just because they saw how and where they were killed?

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=857874&highlight=lee+ellis

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=876044&highlight=drew+carroll

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=603376&highlight=

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=575936&highlight=

Look through those threads then look through this one and tell me that again.

It went from all "hoss" and "beast" to what you see now.

By showing location I was referring to showing the surroundings, how close to a building, house, etc.

That first deer could have easily been made to look way different, tilt that camera down just a little and the hay bale would have blocked the view of the driveway, which for the most part was the only noticeable thing, have the camera man throw in a "I can't get a clear shot" and boom, when you see a hunting show on tv and they're in texas sitting over a road full of corn, do you assume that road is out in the middle of no where? most people do.... reality is it could be 200 ft from a house in the backyard.

If you video it and there is a possibility for criticism, the critics will come.

If you buy the ticket, you take the ride, good or bad.

Drew

cnowery13

Somebody help me here - I don't want to read through 18 pages of comments to see what happened - the beginning link said a 10 part series. Did they shut it down early?

01Foreman400

Staff member
Somebody help me here - I don't want to read through 18 pages of comments to see what happened - the beginning link said a 10 part series. Did they shut it down early?

No answer about what happened/happening.

XJfire75

Was a cool series but definitely odd they never finished the full episodes. Especially after being sponsored