Crawfish in winter?

Papa Bear

Daughter gave me a minnow/crawfish trap for Christmas and thought about given it a test for fun. May try a little craw fishing for spotted bass on Lanier. Caught crawfish in creeks as a young kid in the spring/summer and caught a many of bass with claws coming out of their gulet over the years. Are they catchable around Lanier or do I need to place trap in creeks with moving water?

Scout'nStripers

Daughter gave me a minnow/crawfish trap for Christmas and thought about given it a test for fun. May try a little craw fishing for spotted bass on Lanier. Caught crawfish in creeks as a young kid in the spring/summer and caught a many of bass with claws coming out of their gulet over the years. Are they catchable around Lanier or do I need to place trap in creeks with moving water?
If I had a crawfish trap I'd find some rocky area somewhere off an island or somewhere so it won't get stolen. Leave it over night and see what you get. Right now the crawfish on Lanier should be active. They usually get active and spawn on the rocks when the water temps are in the mid to low 50's here on Lanier. I know of professional fisherman on the bass trails that will set out crawfish traps overnight on the rocks so they can match the color of the crawfish before a tourney. Definitely worth a try and it's the right water temps.