best and worst BASS boats

arcadedawg

Bass Boats

Didn't I hear that Nitro just bought out Triton? I have a Nitro and I like it alot. I do like a Bullet better. The NItro is paid for though so it is my favorite right now!

kbswear

Other than jon boats i've only owned 3 bass rigs in this order:

1985 Procraft 1540

1997 Stratos 268

1997 Skeeter ZX202

And in the same order is what i would list worse to best. I did love my Stratos. It was a work horse that never let me down. But now that i own the Skeeter, it is my best boat so far hands down.

Eugene Stinson

Basically, people will tell you that the brand that they currently run is the BEST!!.
I run a 2010 Triton TR18 & dont really have any complaints other than mild chine-walk .........
but this is the boat that haunts my dreams!! Not a cookie-cutter, fast & PERFECT fishing layout. HUGE deck
_MG_1305.jpg

_MG_1003.jpg

I would HATE to be a co-angler in that

charliecfh

Very nice, sir. The one I saw didn't have the passenger rod rack for some reason. How does she ride?

The ride is phenomenal! If you ever have the chance, go for a ride...you'll see what I'm talking about.

If it is a Phoenix made before the 2010 model year, it probably won't have the rod rack. They have added a lot of little features to the newer boats, such as standard LED livewell lights for all of their current models.

Bear 75

Here'sthe thing with a Sterling/Gambler "the deck" . They make the console area so large that it takes away from the rest of the boat. The front deck is no better then the rest of the other major boats/ Skeeter, Ranger, BassCat, and Triton's. They make the room up by taking away from rear deck.

Most coonsider them in the same line up as, Bullet, Allision, and Stroker.

Here is the thing you fish different then me. So a man or woman needs to fish the boat! get it in places where they fish. try different lenght hulls. For instance, every hull that BassCat makes is different. 18', 19', two different 20' hulls and there 21' hull too. A person can't compair a 18' boat to other hulls and say that company no good.

You have to find a boat for you and how you fish. I seen people go out test ride boat buy them and never fish from them. When they start fishing they keep hitting the console, trolling motor, or there to short to use the trolling motor and remain against the seat. . Get the boat that is best for you!

edgewood

The back deck on the new Gambler is actually pretty big.
Gamblersterling.jpg

The front deck is actually much wider where you stand to fish on a Gambler than a Basscat.

pbmang

I was about to post the same picture. They are pretty roomy in the back, but I agree with Rusty, I'm not buying a boat so my co-angler can be comfortable.

hartwellbasser

Well guys I fished out of a Stratos for 9 years and loved every minute of it....................... Until I brought my 205 Procraft with a 250xb on it. Call them SLOWcrafts if you want but I can run 70-72 no matter what kind of weather or water condition. Can you?