How many cameras do you own?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
0. I been thinkin' about it, though.

ebryant

[I've owned about 15 stealth cams. They all quit on me after about 2 years. I even tried their battery's. They don't last. I'm sick of em. Will never own another.:mad: QUOTE=RTWILLIAMS71;9225108]21 stealth cams, and my add more[/QUOTE]

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Currently, I have 15 cameras total in service. Two of these are for security purposes near my main gate area.

I have a total of 14 Wildgame cameras in service which are various models. These have been in service during the past 4 1/2 years now and they take great photos. I have had two problems now during the past four years and Wildgame has replaced the problem cameras promptly. I do have names and contact phone numbers for personnel at Wildgame and they have answered any questions etc with no problem. All of the Wildgame cameras are very easy to set up and operate too. Most of these cameras use the AA type batteries. I do check all new batteries (right out of the package) before I install them. Occasionally, I will find a bad (new) battery too. Due to a problem with a couple of bad new batteries last year, Duracell gave me a coupon for up to a total of 96 FREE batteries (2 packs of the 48 battery packs like what I buy from Sam's Club). I also check every battery when I remove them from my cameras as well. I try my best to NOT let any camera completely run down so I remove them when they reach the last "bar" of battery strength. I keep very detailed records on every one of my cameras as I also have each one of them marked with a location number and I have an extra set of SD cards that I rotate with each camera normally each week. I also keep a log-book record of how many photos are taken on each camera every week so I know exactly how many photos are taken totally on a set of batteries too. I also include a record of every battery change and type of battery on each camera so I keep an ongoing record of battery performance. I have tried different types of batteries and found that the lithium batteries were NOT worth the added cost for me. I now only use the regular Duracell Copper-Top or the Duracell Quantum type batteries as they work fairly well for me.

Please see this link for some more recent photos made by my Wildgame cameras. Scroll on down and check out my photos in this thread. I currently have approximately 300,000 photos of trail cam photos from my property.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=826952&highlight=

Thankfully, I have ONLY ONE Moultrie camera Model # MFH-DGS-D65IRxt that I bought back on 10/9/2012 and it is a piece of garbage due to the slow trigger speed and constantly blurred photos. The batteries (six type "C") in this camera normally last a little over 1 year and that is the ONLY good feature about it. The only reason that I still use it is because it is located on a road that runs on my property that has a very good trail crossing within about 40 feet of it. It only takes about 70-100 photos each week. Sometimes, this camera won't even show my truck when I drive right in front of it at 15 feet. As a result, I will NEVER buy another Moultrie camera.

Davexx1

I have six total now. Four Cuddeback's and two Covert's. Had a fifth Cuddeback camera stolen a couple years ago. I much prefer the full color night time pictures from the white flash Cuddeback cameras. The small size and extra long battery life of the newer Covert MP8's is good, just don't like the IR type black/white pictures.

The flash on my very very old Cuddeback C3000 finally quit working early this season and I am thinking about replacing it with the new color model camera from Cuddeback. I have had very good service and support from Cuddeback.

Dave

Confederate_Jay

[I've owned about 15 stealth cams. They all quit on me after about 2 years. I even tried their battery's. They don't last. I'm sick of em. Will never own another.:mad: QUOTE=RTWILLIAMS71;9225108]21 stealth cams, and my add more
[/QUOTE]

I had terrible luck with them too and the exchange program took 6 months to replace ...then it didn't work either.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
couple moultries, four years old. Great batter life, but slow to wake up sometimes. Not good on distance shots at night.

Attachments

• A281.jpg
    A281.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 162
  • A300.jpg
    A300.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 168

BowanaLee

I'm running 6 Bushnell's at this time. Probably add a few more because of their customer service. :)

To the guys missing cameras. I just caught a yote steeling mine. It took 3 but I got em back. Luckily it didn't take em to far off. One was strapped to a tree and the other 2 were hidden on the ground. Just a thought.

jharrell

Running 5 Moultrie's. Just had the IR go out on one and they sent me a brand new 990. Love the Moultrie's but thinking of trying a Browning Black Ops.

Hawken2222

I own one Moultrie and two Cabela's trail cams, I have a Browning on the way. So far I have been really pleased with the Cabela's brand tc's.

shdw633

I have 9 Moultries and 3 plotwatcher cameras that are all running well.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Have 3 cudde captures, 1 cudde expert, 1 homebrew I made out of an old nontypical dc 100, and a Browning Strike Force.

trhankinson

3 Moultrie A5's. All three take pics good enough to satisfy my needs and will probably invest in a few more this season