Thousands of Sandhill Cranes ?

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I saw that meateater episode...I definitely want to try some ribeye of the sky at some point

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Is there a season in Georgia for them.

3ringer

I will have to take y'alls word for it. Chicken is too cheap to be eating cranes.

The mtn man

We had a pair nest up here a few years back and they practically shut down a county road to protect them.

Those were whooping cranes, I'm assuming your talking about the ones that were across the state line. Only suppose to be about 300 of them left on the planet.

Scotsman

There were 30 to 35 different groups of Sandhill cranes flying north over my house late afternoon today. Fascinating to watch. I went in to get my camera, and wouldn't you know it, not another group flew by. Maybe tomorrow.

NOYDB

BANNED
There were 30 to 35 different groups of Sandhill cranes flying north over my house late afternoon today. Fascinating to watch. I went in to get my camera, and wouldn't you know it, not another group flew by. Maybe tomorrow.

Should have chased them with your drone.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Saw several flocks heading N this weekend in E Upson.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
It's supposed to be the old timers sign of Spring. They have been heading back north down here since last week.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It's supposed to be the old timers sign of Spring. They have been heading back north down here since last week.

Yep! :cool:
You can sure hear em way before you see em. Seen more this year than ever.

Shug

Them things are every where up. There is even a festival for them.