Pulled the trigger yesterday

arrendale8105

Been driving the same truck i bought new in 2004, a dodge 1500 crew 4X4 with the hemi. Its had a ROUGH life but has been and still is a sound truck. It has 294,000 miles on it. Decided to keep it for a hunting truck to keep this one a little cleaner for a while to haul the family on the weekends. Been eyeing and keeping up with the Dodge Ecodiesel and that's what i went with. Got the nice one too, may take me another 11 years to figure out all the gadgets and gizmos. Its a 2014 as they were offering 0% for 72 months on all remaining 2014's. I love the way it drives and so does the wife! We'll see if it holds up and is as good a truck as the other was/is.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,479
  • steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,504
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,447
  • front seat.jpg
    front seat.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,436
  • back seat.jpg
    back seat.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,429

660griz

Woo wee! That is Purdy. Had my 2500 for 10 years. Not ready for a car payment but, it is very tempting.

rjcruiser

That saddle leather looks amazing. Very nice!

Napi

Nice! I would like to know the hand calculated fuel mileage after a few tanks.

lbzdually

Banned
Nice! I would like to know the hand calculated fuel mileage after a few tanks.

I'd also like to know this. Here lately I'm not using my truck to anywhere near it's ability, so I'm really looking at a 1/2 ton with much better mileage that can still tow close to 10,000lbs.

SGaither

Man that is one good looking ride. it must be one of those one gear trucks since it doesn't have a gear shifter.

kayaker1

Man that is one good looking ride. it must be one of those one gear trucks since it doesn't have a gear shifter.

Haha, I'm sure it's the 8 speed with the rotary shifter, I had one on my 2013 that tranny is awesome! I miss it since I had it get a 2500.

Nice truck...

T-N-T

That is a nice looking truck. No one can argue that.
I really like the "on paper" stats of the ecodiesel too.

Hope it lives up... I might go that rout on my next truck in a few years.

arrendale8105

Very nice! Curious as to what your mpg was with the hemi.

Mine was never really good with the hemi. Averaged about 14 and could get 17 sometimes on long trips. It pulled everything I put behind it great too but didn't seem to matter whether it was a small load or large load to really kill it and drop toabout 7-9 mpg. They are suposed to be better now but my buddy just bought one last year and it's not near the what the sticker said. Haven't hand figured this one yt but computer says averaging 24.2. If I set the cruise on 70 seems to really be the sweet spot as the guage says 34. I'm still going to hand calculate it and it does almost seem too good to be true but it drives like a dream compared to my other one (in its defense it is 11 years with 300,000 rough miles on it lol)

Chum

I picked up a 2014 Tradesman with the V-6/8 speed tranny and have loved it! I'm averaging 23-24 mpg and had no problem pulling a loaded down pop-up camper with a 4-wheeler in the bed (plus 3 guys and all our hunting gear). It may not have all the bells and whistles but I can see it being my primary ride for the next 20 years.

tr21

you're going to love that ecod had mine for 8 month's now and it has 24k miles on it. 28mpg. there is a good website just on them with some good info. ram1500diesel.com. only downside is the $200 oil changes, but I got 4 free with mine so haven't had to pay yet

Gaducker

you're going to love that ecod had mine for 8 month's now and it has 24k miles on it. 28mpg. there is a good website just on them with some good info. ram1500diesel.com. only downside is the $200 oil changes, but I got 4 free with mine so haven't had to pay yet

200 dollar oil change??? why so high?

tr21

yes hand calculated but I stopped keeping track of it after 12k. but all my trips are 120 miles each way with not many stops. $200 oil changes are due to the filter costing $60 and the oil (there are currently only 2 that meet specs) is over $10 a qt. and it holds 10qts.

tr21

10k miles between oil changes helps a little bit though.