Glock 19 Gen 5

wareagle700

Anyone else pick one of these up yet? I have been following the story since they were roumored as the 19/17M etc... Was able to pick one up yesterday locally and really like what they did with these.

I like the flat textured front strap and beveled nose on the slide. The ambi controls don't do anything for me but I understand there was demand for that. I put 300 rounds through it last night and it ran great as expected. The trigger has a different feel to it, in a good way. Smooth pull and break with not much overtravel. Overall I like what they have done and they are getting very good reports so far.

Glock 19.5 by X Ring, on Flickr

georgia_home

The one thing folks are concerned with is lack of parts compatibility.

Some Different internals.

wareagle700

That's something that's expected when a new generation is released. The Gen 4 was the same way. Spare parts and aftermarket parts will become available soon enough though, not a big deal. Glock put more thought and research into the changes than anyone else did so I trust that they made the guns better. However, there's some people I don't think Glock could satisfy unless they released an Gen 1 again.

transfixer

The downside to them releasing new generations is now I'm going to feel compelled to replace my Gen 4 guns with Gen 5 models,,,, grrrr,, It looks like the undercut the trigger guard a bit more on this version? Is the grip angle the same as the Gen 4's ? I do wish they would straighten that angle a bit more.

PappyHoel

What's the standard price? I just can't see buying another one. I would like to get rid of my G42 for a G43 though.

wareagle700

I added the Vickers sights and did the undercut on the triggerguard myself. The grip angle feels about the same.

They come with the regular plastic sights from the factory unless you pay additional for the model with the Glock steel sights or Ameriglo's.

The Gen 5's are priced a little higher than the Gen4, not much though. I think this one was $595 + tax or somewhere around there.