Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What a fine character buck. Enjoyed the story. :cheers:

Reactions: DDD

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Congratulations Mark.

You have given all of us a wonderful "walk along" with each step of this adventure. Your words made it feel like I was really walking very slowly right behind you during this entire hunting excursion. I also felt the raw emotion at the point of your "missed shot" and the over-whelming emotion of the problem involved with the follow-up second shot as well. It brought back memories of many years ago as I have had something similar happen to me that I would have never thought was possible at the time. Yes, I learned the hard way that it is very difficult to fire an "unloaded" rifle. Your descriptive details made me feel like I was right there with you during every step of this fantastic adventure. I actually felt like I was having to hold on really tight as I crossed the "wet" log over the creek that had such cold rushing water right underneath as I slipped along with you on this adventure. Thank you for such great details and I hope that every deer hunter might get the opportunity to "walk in your shoes" by having such a wonderful experience during their lifetime as well.

I love your way with words and the actual raw emotion that was created during your hunt and this wonderful accomplishment. Not only are you a fantastic "weather" Guru, you are also a wonderful writer that has the ability to relate really well with all of us that love to go deer hunting on those very cold and dark early mornings just so we can anticipate the chance at a buck of a lifetime such as yours. Your buck has lots of character and will always be an attention getter!

Without a doubt, God smiled on you back on December 10th. Thanks for sharing this exciting experience and including the photos of such an event.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
Congratulations Mark.

You have given all of us a wonderful "walk along" with each step of this adventure. Your words made it feel like I was really walking very slowly right behind you during this entire hunting excursion. I also felt the raw emotion at the point of your "missed shot" and the over-whelming emotion of the problem involved with the follow-up second shot as well. It brought back memories of many years ago as I have had something similar happen to me that I would have never thought was possible at the time. Yes, I learned the hard way that it is very difficult to fire an "unloaded" rifle. Your descriptive details made me feel like I was right there with you during every step of this fantastic adventure. I actually felt like I was having to hold on really tight as I crossed the "wet" log over the creek that had such cold rushing water right underneath as I slipped along with you on this adventure. Thank you for such great details and I hope that every deer hunter might get the opportunity to "walk in your shoes" by having such a wonderful experience during their lifetime as well.

I love your way with words and the actual raw emotion that was created during your hunt and this wonderful accomplishment. Not only are you a fantastic "weather" Guru, you are also a wonderful writer that has the ability to relate really well with all of us that love to go deer hunting on those very cold and dark early mornings just so we can anticipate the chance at a buck of a lifetime such as yours. Your buck has lots of character and will always be an attention getter!

Without a doubt, God smiled on you back on December 10th. Thanks for sharing this exciting experience and including the photos of such an event.

I appreciate that! I can’t explain well enough the “pressure” I felt just to get this guy on my property in the day time. Knowing he was there in darkness but hardly ever there in daylight hours. It was the first time I sat that stand all year.

I’ve killed 3 nice bucks off this place in the last 3 years. One was a surprise buck. The last 2 have been “set up” on. We knew they were there, it was just going to take correct conditions, right stand and him to cooperate for it all to come together.
Many thanks! I will update once I have him scored.

Worley

Heck yeah that’s the best story I’ve read online this week, great buck my friend...For a moment I felt like I was in the stand with ya ?

Reactions: DDD

chrislibby88

I don’t understand how a deer that close didn’t hear the action and magazine noise. No way my shaky hands could do that silently.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I don’t understand how a deer that close didn’t hear the action and magazine noise. No way my shaky hands could do that silently.

I moved slow for sure. Like I said, I have owned that rifle since I was 18 and I could work that fun with my eyes closed. I was eye balling him as much as I could and working the gun. I was honestly shocked how calm he got and how he just didn’t leave. He clearly must have been hungry and wanted to eat before he went and laid down for the the morning.