Ultimate trophy

Philbow

The ultimate would be a full size white bull sperm whale mounted above your fireplace with Ahab's skeleton still wrapped in the harpoon lines.

2nd place a man eating tiger killed at night using Jim Corbett's 275 Rigby.

jeardley

Add me to the elk group, and I'm with the OP as far as just as much for the scenery. Dream about going out west on a daily basis.

GeorgiaGlockMan

Add me to the elk group, and I'm with the OP as far as just as much for the scenery. Dream about going out west on a daily basis.

I went elk hunting last time in Colorado maybe 7-8 yrs. The scenery still runs through my head every night. It's a pretty good dream to have stuck in there!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I went elk hunting last time in Colorado maybe 7-8 yrs. The scenery still runs through my head every night. It's a pretty good dream to have stuck in there!

I went out there 43 years ago on a mule deer hunt and still see ever detail of that country like it was yesterday. If my feet weren`t nailed to God`s Country of the South, I would be living in the Medicine Bow National Forest.

Pointpuller

Nic,
Medicine Bow is very nice. Ive killed 3 elk and 2 mule deer there with the bow DIY. I usually go for a couple of weeks about every 3rd year when I can draw the tags.
All I have left to check off on my list are:
DIY archery caribou
DIy archery Peccary
Argentina dove and duck.

swamp hunter

If Havalina and Peccary are the same..Ive did them.
First day was Rifle..got 2.
Next day was bow..Got 1
3rd day was camera.
They just didn't run, stand there popping their jaws and bluffing.
Might have been cause these were as far as I know , never hunted.
Sure were fun you could hear them all night carrying on behind the 1840's built Doby Mud house with 2 ft. thick walls we stayed in.
ps..Bring plenty of arrows cause every miss is a destroyed arrow..hard rock ground out west..

Rich M

I'd love to do a Wyoming Pronghorn hunt but dang it's a long drive cause I'd just have to camp and see the sky's at night.

You hit that one right on the head.

I did an antelope hunt 2017 - the sky is amazing, the hunting is easy - lotsa critters, even in the limited access area I went. They are tasty too.

I was considering doing a 2018 archery mule deer/antelope hunt that overlapped rifle season by a day or two to make sure something came home. Then I thought about the 60+ hours drive and decided to pass on it... IMO, it isn't worth the drive, but then I've done it.

I had 2018 priced out at $3500 for rental vehicle, licenses, and what-nots. Bring someone along and the vehicle rental and gas goes down. Max would be 3 guys - there wasn't that much public hunting area and someone would need to make sure everyone got picked up at dark...

My dream hunts were mule deer and antelope - done half but seen plenty of mule deer to say I did the other half too, just a few weeks out of season.

crucible02

Filling my number one this year with an elk hunt to Colorado

A Yukon moose hunt will now move to the top of the list

walters

Hunter

I always wanted to hunt the ultimate female human species(swamprats avatar is a perfect example) but I don't think my wife would appreciate itfacepalm:, so I guess moose in Alaska would be wonderful, always wanted to fly in on one of those float planes, or elk during rut would be beautiful

gregj

Wyoming Pronghorn.....I inherited my dads Remington mod 721 in 270 win. he bought it after he returned from WWII
to go out west and hunt pronghorn with one of the guys he served with but Life got in the way and he never made it.
Before i die i want to make it out there just once to use it for the purpose it was bought for . I've killed a fair amount of deer with it. Then it's moose and caribou.